SUICIDES of ssc,hsc students.....

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by abhimanjrekar, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Not some, many. In a place where the KKK originated and flourished, you cant really expect any better. Every single day, Gays, lesbians, transgendered individuals are discriminated against, insulted, denied opportunites, and horribly stereotyped. Lewd jokes are made against them and it's utterly unacceptable the way they're treated. That's what made me take up the cause, to get the effing message out that a person is free to choose their own ***uality. And really now, gays are fun to be around with. :grin:

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Thats what i meant by saying that some in the US cant be classified as modern thinkers / minds

3. d_ist_urb_ed

"Yadha raja thadha praja"

4. shsnawada

I dont think thats true when the raja's approval rating is in the mid to higher thirties.

And neither in the blue states. But otherwise, most probably.

5. d_ist_urb_ed

Well, the raja's rating might be down in the dumps, but most of these conservatives are feeble-minded and not able to move on with the times nor comprehend the inherent good in anything, bush winning the second time (in a fair election) is ample proof.

6. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

^^^^BACk to the topic^^^^^

@disturbed,uj-6string

u guys want the education system to be changed>

knowing that indian education is a level higher than other places>
    i feel that Unhealthy competition SHOULD BE eradicated. and thats where i agree wid bubbly that the parents should be taught that they have to accept their kids th way they are> i know a case
    where a boy from our class aged 13 asked his mom for 60 bucks for buying a register and RAN AWAY FROM HOME to AGRA cause he didn't do very well in his exams>(i take sides with the parents here cause i feel theres somthing wrong wid that guy>every thing he sees and does ,he relates it to *** and ****ograpy>thats a different story>anyway)

BUT>
    looking at the present changes about to take place like the grading system thing>> i DO NOT accept it.]
    if that sorta thing is introduced then there wont be much difference between a guy getting 99 and getting 91. then the students will do the LEAST possible(just get a b and thats it,why work harder sorta attitude) and then therel be turmoil in the colleges cause theyll be getting more students applying for admission,there should be more carrier oppurtunities like lets say MUSIC>I have yet to see people from abroad comming to india to learn music> People have to learn to stop treating the board exams like a life and death situation and treat it like a normal exam>
    otherwise the guy whos giving it,his attitude is>>if i don do well in this exam my whole future is ruined and my family won't exept me so wats the point in living??

7. d_ist_urb_ed

^Isnt that what we were saying? That there should be more coherent opportunities in other fields?

8. shsnawada

Well, i think that its the GoP which triggered the whole (anti)gay marriage discussion just before the election to get enough vote[r]s.

It might happen in 2008 aswell.

And about people moving with the times: There'll always be regressive people. And there'll always be the progressive group aswell. (both of these are relative terms). Its just like that regardless of what happens.

9. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

@disturbed
    why doesn't india have a music school to take on the likes of trinity college and berklee ???
    it doesn't have to be guitars and keyboards>>
    indian classical instruments >
    sitar,sarangi,tabla,we have soooooooomany

10. d_ist_urb_ed

^@shsnawada,lol, sometimes dude, i wonder what the **** i was doing when i was 15.......and why i wasnt like you. I concur.

11. shsnawada

@UjSen : But youre ignoring the plus side of cramming. The people who do well (there are quite a lot of them) are basically the main reason why companies bother to look at india as a country with some brains in it.

12. d_ist_urb_ed

Uh? I dont know? Why do you think not?

13. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

@shsnawada

i agree

But people from here still flock to other countries for getting better payed jobs>doctors,computer engineers,

and then there are feilds like aviation where our country has to ask pilots from other countries cause theres an accute shortage>(and its good to hear that air india is gonna open 2 fliying schools)

but i feel that a lot of students r forced into a stream by their parents and thats where everything goes wrong:<

14. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs &amp; Pasta

Most of modernized india is a result of three things:

- Colonization (accept it, the british did develop quite a lot)
    - Poverty reduction and industralization projects from the 50 to the 90's
    And The economic liberalization in the 90's

None of these things really give a crap about music. Thats why, there arent really any important music universities

And how are you ever going to get musicians who have enough money (who'd pay)? We just dont have an elite which is as interested in music.

But in the next decades, i guess were going to see some pop up.

\m/

15. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

Cause i feel people here don give a ****in thought to choosing music .
    wen it comes to choosing a profession it goes back to the usual academic stuff. music remains as a hobby.people here r very into music but only few choose it as their profession.
    :mad:

16. d_ist_urb_ed

^Give up what you're doing, choose music and set a standard for all of us, you lead, we follow.

17. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs &amp; Pasta

Hmm.. I sort of disagree with that. People dont necessarily get stressed when you force them to do some subjects.
    The teaching styles and all that is basically a few decades behind convinience. Thats the problem.

Oh yes, and i remember my 42 student class. (occasionally becoming 87 students)

18. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

i agree wid u on those three points(some idiotic people still think india's a land of snake charmers :mad: )

and we need to exeed in technology but we also need to pass on our culture don't u feel??
    and speaking abou elite class>
    wt if Ravi Shankar ,Bangash ,and Zakir Hussain started a school>and employed other teachers as well?

and hopefull we will see good music schools HOPEFUlLY

19. d_ist_urb_ed

Snake charmers? Are you effing kidding me? A family asked me if i had ever worn clothes "back home".........and a girl asked me if we still lived on branches...... I said no to the first and yes to the second.

20. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

^^^^^:shock::shock::shock: FCUK!!!!!!!!!

wt did u say to them????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.