SUICIDES of ssc,hsc students.....

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by abhimanjrekar, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

how can ur real worth be determined by what u vomit out in a 3 hour long paper!!!:mad:.....
    bubbly martini-i agree with you.....parents need counselling...and our education system needs to be improved.....

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

And that, people, is the side of my sister that you'll rarely see...............:grin:
    My take, the education system is ****ed up, someone said what you regurgigate in 3 hours on a paper does not decide your worth and although i'm sure that the parents are very well aware of this, they do their BEST to convey the very opposite of this message. Every parent wants their "golden child" to do well in school and carve out a career for themselves. I know mine did. What happened? Well, i bombed my 10th grade AND my 12th grade :dance: and somewhere along i got into chronic depression and tried to kill myself(unsuccessful even at that :p:) because everyone around me tried their very best to convey to me that i was worthless. I partly blame india's economic status and unemployment rate for this, because as everyone knows, it's a freakin rat race, if you dont get on top you get crushed at the bottom and there isnt as much chance for living the "indian" dream, if you go into any other vocational career. That's the only dissent i can offer for the parents........i see no immediate solution for this, yet it pains me. I'm still waiting for a solution.......ye think of one?

3. uj_6string

^^^^^the perspective of the people and the society needs to be changed.....studies arent the only damn thing in this world.....there should be more emphasis on other careers than just the academic ones.....
    and i agree with ya man.....itz a freaking rat race.....ur either at the very top....or at the very bottom.....survival of the fittest.....
    just gave hindi today.....one last try...:sadbye:(just joking)

4. d_ist_urb_ed

^But dont you see that very thing? There isnt nearly as much scope for careers "other" than academic ones. American, moronic country as it is, has that spark where if you combine the basic virtues of building up a business, you can be successful. We need a more service-based economy......

5. uj_6string

^^^thatz what i'm saying....thatz the damn problem.....there will be more scope for the careers "other than the acacdemic ones".....when we start giving them importance and realize their value in building up a country......

6. d_ist_urb_ed

^How do you think we should bring that about?

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Actually no, it isn't rare.

I think it's scary how much we agree here. Perhaps not the best context that I put it in this post but the thought is the same.

https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=18671&highlight=special+olympics

The trick to making a person feel like they belong in the real world is to not treat them differently. It's sad how obvious our prejudice becomes when we make "special" reservations for others. More often than not, it is because we feel that they are inferior to us rather than for other reasons.

8. d_ist_urb_ed

^Hm, that statement just brought back to mind the distance that's been created between us....

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

us....meaning you and me?

</3

10. d_ist_urb_ed

^:shock: Between me and my sister.....:shock:

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

oh...

:'(

12. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

so am i!!!!!!!!!:banana: :banana:

13. d_ist_urb_ed

Um..i love you too...................(in a completely non-brokeback mountainish sense)......:grin:

14. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

:RollLol::RollLol::RollLol::RollLol:

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Have you seen the movie, btw? Worth watching?

16. d_ist_urb_ed

^Touching story, but really, i dont know, even though i'm such a gay rights activist, i find it still uncomfortable to watch two men engage in intimate caresses and kisses.......but worth watching.....i think

17. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs &amp; Pasta

Meh, there was a reason why i was reaaalllly late this monday (not joking)

18. shsnawada

Are you a gay rights activist?

19. d_ist_urb_ed

Aye, active member of LGBT (Lesbian Gay Bi Transgendered) association in university. I'm straight, but i feel that these minorities deserve all the help they can get, in getting their opinions out.

20. shsnawada

Hmm.... Från what i've seen gays, bi***uals, tran***uals, transvestites have integrated with the modern society.

Well, i cant really say that some in the US have modern minds so, you have a good point/purpose

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.