Suicide by students

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by madhuresh, May 4, 2006.

1. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Back to the topic...thats so sad..
    :cry1
    why do school and grades have to be such a matter of life and death (pun not intended) I mean these cases of suicide are prolly more rampant in india then anywhere else.
    And its so depressing...such young 'uns...

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Well, uhm, i tried to kill myself. It wasnt fun, please dont do it, pwetty please. I was in a coma for two days and i had to eat hospital food!!!!!!!! 29 sleeping pills sure can knock yer brain out :grin:

3. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

I once tried to take that shortcut, but learnt fast.
    Id never want to see any of my people try it...

its a silly way out..shows that you cant take shit..and thats sad :NoTalk:

4. d_ist_urb_ed

^I had chronic depression as an excuse. But you know people, we can all make excuses, my heart really goes out to people who try to kill themselves, i can relate to that. Anyone who says that they are cowards, please arrange for a meeting with me, you'll be dead before you know it. That being said, please please do not try to kill yourself, go to any crisis center and try to live, it's damn important, your life!

5. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Awww..... Have you heard of a place called east asia?
    Actually, young people have a higher chance of committing suicides. Have you seen/heard any suicide story involving 60 year olds?

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Actually, yes.

7. shsnawada

How many compared to younger people?

8. d_ist_urb_ed

^Alright laddie, you proved your point :grin: The ratio tilts considerably towards younger people. But i guess BJR was trying to make a case for older people, "We can kill ourselves too!"

9. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO SUICiDE
    seeing the rising rate of suicide...here is the proper way to do it...
    if ur gonna do it - do it the proper way - its called R&S
    u mite as well lose ur virginity b4 u die - rite?

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Actually, reading the newspapers, the general age of people who commit suicide seems to tend to middle to old age. However, teenage suicides do seem to gather more media attention.

11. madhuresh

madhuresh madhuresh

The point is Cowards commit sucide....
    onse in 4th year a lecturer told me straigh "i will tech u, what a teacher can do"..........i went to him at 2 am knocked his door he didnt open ....and told him i want learn ...... Vo maan gaya ....SO if TERe jeene se main marta hoon to tu mar ja.......the fittest must survive

12. d_ist_urb_ed

^I will fuck your life up if you make stupid assumptions like the one you just did, alright? There is so much to consider before you can determine whether a person is a "coward". For half-assed people like you who have never faced adversity making assumptions is an easy thing to do. You have never been in a situation where the only choice was between death and death. So shut the
    fuck up.

13. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^Lol Kudos to u .. I never understand his posts .. atleast u did :p:

EDIT: Distu .. giving up in adversities and not facing them is a sign of cowardice don't u think .. Well .. I'm sayin this just for the sake of a discussion .. what say ?

14. shsnawada

Haha, thats the single largest piece of bullshit that i've seen in quite some time. I've been in such a situation and i can tell you that the most important variable is time.

EDIT: @disturbed: :beer:

15. shsnawada

Everything could be "going well" and you could still could want to commit suicide. Thats not abnormal at all.

16. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

I need an example, btw 'going well' <> going well. The point is if you remove the quotes suicide really doesnt make much sense, for which I need an example. Just want an alternate view.

17. madhuresh

madhuresh madhuresh

haha

First thing first....u r a mod ..... behave
    haha ....vise ye net pe **** karna to naya hi concept ho ga....haha
    For @dis..

chatting main chuuma liya
    mail main kiya smooch
    Internet pe shaadi ho gayi
    Bacche goole pe papa ka naam rahe hain puuch...

NOW....i never make assumptions ...i say waht i think...
    I said and ment that if ur NOT MAN ENOUGH to take adverse situation and think of running away by any means [ belive me sucide is definatly running away from things] no other word rather than a coward can define u
    HINDI main Phattu
    i know its not easy to die but No bravery
    mere photu ke neeche kuch bhi lika hoo it will not change me...cause i am not a ..u knw waht...hahaaha

18. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

:eek:fftopic:
    man - this is some hot thread - ppl are postin here faster than a 3 legged man in a butt kickin competition kicks...

19. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

So what bout the women ? .. should they also be MAN enuff ?? aargh!

20. d_ist_urb_ed

@madhuresh, ever heard of mental illnesses? Bipolar disorder, manic depression, chronic depression, schizophrenia? Or are these words too incomprehensible for you? What ever is normal to you might be adverse to person handicapped by these illnesses. And what's adverse to you might be death for them. For some suicide is not running away, suicide is the solution. I'm not ruling out cowardice in cases of suicide. If an Enron employee shot himself before a court ruling, that IS cowardice. But if your thinking is hindered by diseases, suicide is NOT cowardice, alright? Take it from me, i tried to kill myself once and i know i wasnt a coward. I'm sorry that i got so flared up, but it just pains me to see the way you generalized the statement. Every goddamn thing is contextual and depends on more variables than you can hope to factor in. Even after all this you dont understand, i dont give a shite, i just hope no-one heeds your advice. And i know what my responsibilties as mod are, you dont have to tell me. I hope this answers everyone's question.