Suggestions on first guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by dipesh_batheja, Dec 24, 2007.

1. dipesh_batheja

dipesh_batheja New Member

I want get started with learning guitar. I just want to learn it as a hobby for myself. I have started reading few tutorials on the Internet and now looking to buy my first guitar. I have no clue about guitars (or even music in general :) ). Unfortunately I am not sure I know anyone in friends who plays guitar so that I can get his advice. So looking for some help from this forum to get started.

I am not sure whether I would want to try my hands on Rock style music (certainly not a closed option!), but I would definetely want to play some Spanish tunes. Second, thing is I would like to have a electric guitar purely for single reason that I can plug it in my computer (what I can do I am comp geek!).

Please help me to figure out which electric guitar would be the best to start with considering my genre choice. And if you can suggest some good music shops around New Delhi, then please do let me know.

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

then you should buy a semi-acoustic...something like a pluto

3. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

i will not recommend u to buy a electric guitar as a first guitar.u shud go for an acoustic guitar.
    u'll get ur fingers in shape by practicing on a acoustic guitar only.
    regarding ur idea of plugging in ur guitar, u can do so even with an acoustic,
    u'll just need to install pickups.
    and then u can record edit and all that on ur pc.
    but a beginning guitar has to be an acoustic

regards,
    saurabh

4. vjlord

vjlord New Member

Salam every 1....actually i jus wan to say tht its my first tym tht am going to buy a guitar wid my own money coz my parents are'nt allowing me to purchase a guitar...thts y i've only 2000 rs for a guitar..so any 1 can tell me tht from wer can i purchase it at lowest rates...plz mention the addresses...

5. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

go to any shop a country made guitar will well be within ur limits, forget abt a elecric guitar in 2k u can only get an acoustic,
    go for a hobner. it's the best u can get within that much

6. flyingdeath

flyingdeath New Member

how much will a gibson acoustic cost

7. desidude01

desidude01 Drummerboy

too much....

8. flyingdeath

flyingdeath New Member

how much is too much?
    I dont mean 2K, but a gibson electric is in the range of 1000$ so acoustic should be way cheaper right...

I'm thinking of buying a good acoustic so asking :)

9. desidude01

desidude01 Drummerboy

the cheapest one i think is $500-ish and then they just keep going up......