Suggestion for a new forum

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

We are thinking of introducing a new forum which will not be related to music. We would like IGTians to suggest the topic of this new forum. For eg: Computers, movies, etc.

So what would you like this new forum to be about.....?

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

Technology Forum .... ( covers topics like computers , mobiles and tech tech tech )

3. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

en entire forum, unrelated to music ?????????????

lol thats a new website......

how about "other hobbies/interests"............. where members can start threads and topics about their other hobies, be it movies, travelling or computers.... that way a lot of things will be covered/included, and at the same time no single topic like cricket or nature-club will be harped upon right down to the tiniest detail.

what i am suggesting is a general "everything thats not music related" kind of forum...

4. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

We already have a general forum "ChitChat Lounge". This new forum has to be on a particular subject.

5. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

er general "other hobby" forum...........

6. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

in a way it does.....

i am all for the erotic stories forum btw......

7. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

call it ETC ;) Everything but music !!!

8. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

here we go again..........

9. bob-bobby

nice idea bandbaaja , but how would be seperate it with chit chat lounge ,,,...

10. Venus

Venus New Member

i agree with Bobby, a tech forum would be sooooo helpful..........

11. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

maybe we could have an interviews section, where interviews of certain igtians, who have contributed largely and importantly to the site, conducted by mods could be posted. I'm sure there are many igtians whom we all would like to know more about. Though this wouldnt exactly be a forum
    just an idea

12. shak

shak Harrr!

"no holds barred" forum ... complete freedom no one can ever go OFF-TOPIC...heheh ..
    on a serious note.... i think chit chat forum caters for everything... but maybe a news forum would be helpful...where users can post news from around the world and discuss that .... no politics of course.....and also most of the bobby's threads are realted to news and tech. and they are VERY popular...so maybe news forum is a good idea....

13. bob-bobby

nice idea ambuj but a whole thread dedicated to interview few igtians , umm , somehow not workable ...

we can surely make a thread in that case for this pupose , but nice one ...

14. bob-bobby

another suggestion :

2. art and culture .... ( for arts , movies , literature , abt places , different people , different cultures etc etc )

3. About the members ..... ( igt is a growing site , more and more people getting in everyday , we need a forum , where by people can introduce themself and know more abt each other )

15. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Yeah bobby, you can do some interviews and it'd be like a Koffee with Karan show all over again:) It'll be fun, start a thread regarding that.
    Coming back to the point, i like IGT the way it is, but still if a new forum has to be created, a tech forum would be good, i guess.

16. tejas

tejas ..........

Sports?? I guess not. Not much to discuss. Hmm....damn....can't think of anything.

17. jusmail

jusmail New Member

Yah, a "tech" forum would be cool where questions from fileds of computer, internet, gadgets and the like could be posted.

Another suggestions to the mods.

In the beginners' Q&A forum, for example, a common thread started would be "help with F chord". Could the mods combine all those threads so clutter is reduced. Wheels need no reinventing.

18. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^We'll see about that.........

19. bob-bobby

yeah sure , but the difference would be instead of coffee with kiran , it would be called " Vodka with Bob "

coming back to the topic ,

4 . Cesspool ( unintelligent community ) - would covers threads like word association , rate your fellow igtians , now playing thread etc etc ) - a forum to increase members post counts ...

20. ^^ bobby's posts always include alcohool lolz
    nah i think his idea for technology forum is a nice one
    hey neo cant u try to work on creating another forum for chords or tabs for other languages if possible like french n spanish all those in one forum if possible thnx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.