Suggest some good Video Recording Softwares using TV Tuner

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by rizaaj, Mar 13, 2006.

1. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

hey ...

suggest me some good softwares for my tv tuner... which can directly record to MPG with a reasonable quality...

thanks

2. pavandude

pavandude New Member

Try VirtualVCR thou it records in realtime AVI. If you want MPG then use WinDVD Recorder.... but my suggestion is to get the clearest lossless ouput which is in the form of realtime AVI, u can later compress them using Dr.DivX or other decoders but still maintains the clarity.
    To know more about Recording Softwares get into www.videohelp.com, all you need to know.

3. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

thanks pavan.. looking for virtualVCR right now.. will get back to you after trying it.. thanks though...

and yea the site is cool... really helpful...

4. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^^^ Rizaaj, I dunno if you still need it or not, but you can also try Media center ( Available with Windows XP Media Center Edition)

5. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

@Pavan.. thanks dude... really cool software... no problems whatsoever except that it only records in AVI format...

thanks again

@sugata.. can i get it seperately or it specifically comes along with Media Center ?

and yea.. i found a good sw WinAVI Video Capture.. it gives you the advantage to capture it in any format, be it AVI, MPG, VCD, SVCD or DVD... its cool and i'm lovin it...

6. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

That is the main problem man..
    You will hav to download windows xp MCE...
    But I promise it is gr8 :)

If you want the details, I can PM you :)

7. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

sure .. waiting for your pm... :)