Suggest Me The Best Lead Guitar Pls

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rocking_devil, May 29, 2005.

1. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

Hey guys,
    i just finished my 12th with 85.6 % and as dad had promised me hes getting me an electric guitar :p: though i have one stratcaster with me which is a way damn old and i hardly get my hands around it nymore ;) .ok so , heres the budget ::
    LEAST = 15000 bucks <affordable>
    med LEAST = 20000 bucks <afordable>
    max = 25000 bucks <affordable>

if we pull it more it may go up to 30000 bucks which i guess might happen too as its once in a lifetime buy for now.

so it would be kind of you all iof you cud suggest me which electric lead guuitar shud i go for.i have only FENDER and YAMAHA in mind for now.ESP's are way too xpensive.
    also note that the amplfiers and gears are also to be included intothe budgets.

ALSO , i wanted to know whether shud i buy both amplifier and guitar fx proccessor too coz the one in my comp isnt working at all.

pls give me a suitable suggestion and soon !!!!!!!!!!!

2. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

what kinda music u wanna play ?

3. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

grrrrrrrrr.....rock, hard rock , pop rock <def lep> , heavy metal<led zep, met allica, ironmaiden>,
    psychedelic rock<pink floyd>.

4. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

If you are serious (and only if you really are): I have 2 electric guitars for sale...the Epiphone Les Paul Custom and an Ibanez JEM copy...both are posted here...do a search under my name.

Also, what's with 'daddy dear' buying stuff...you're 18 aren't you??? lol...Just Kidding!!

5. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

hey lay off - my dady bought me gear while i as 17 and hes again funding my new amp... haha

can u get stuff from the us?

6. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

long live rich dads!!

7. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

im not going for ny second hand guitars here!i already have this wierdo stratocaster which i later realized that its a rhythmn guitar + it was a blind selection when i was in 10th.
    ok.yamaha ones are ruled out now.
    im right now going for kramer coz it sound rocks!i had an eye on ibanez too but i m not able to make a gud dedision.then 2 of my brothers friends suggested me abt kramer brand.one of them was a member of old monks.and timir suggests me to go for an yamaha or fender of givson.out of these three givson n yammha r ruled out as u know.

so the choice remains is fender or kramer!!

8. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

hey blackmamba in india u can buy expensive stuff only when ur dad supports you cause u dont get to even think of high end with wat u get from summerjobs(only of u go for one). london is different. i agree long live rich dads but always u have to give something back in return sooner or later.

9. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Good rammy....so if your dad can afford it, go out and get it!! Its more of an attitude thing my friend...but I guess each one has their own perspective! Cheers!

10. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

Give washburn a try, i saw one the other day in the shop,it was really good, natual colour and great pickups, sold in front of me for around 20k that one also bought a mashall 50w amp .cables bag and discount totalled 34k but about the guitar, it rocked nothing bout marshal as they rule he was going for a zoom 505 pros(and a lousy amp but he cose the amp), i think it was a nice deal except he bargained really less he could have easily pushed it for 31-32k.
    they had evrything from krammers to washburn, yamaha etc.
    just try things out and do reply how it went :)

11. badman

badman New Member

it depends on what music do u wanna play

12. xulfi

xulfi New Member

Buy Lespaul Man U Can Anytype Of Music On It Exept Folk Or Classical..u Will Worth It......slash Uses Lespaul Xulfi Uses Lespaul Faraz Anwar Uses Lespaul Les Paul Is Everywhere.......................................

13. xulfi

xulfi New Member

BUY LESPAUL MAN U CAN play ANYTYPE OF MUSIC ON IT EXEPT FOLK OR CLASSICAL..U WILL WORTH IT......SLASH USES LESPAUL XULFI USES LESPAUL FARAZ ANWAR USES LESPAUL LES PAUL IS EVERYWHERE.......................................

14. ajaykalekar

ajaykalekar New Member

you are used to ur old strat..so i would say go for FENDER dont go for yamaha
    Ibanez JEM or higher end ones with slim fret and neck and very good but expensive. Les Pauls are good ..for the money and any style of music (fenders too all u have to do is probably change pickups if u want humbuckers etc and stuff) only this is it is a single cutaway..if you can manage that then go for les paul..

so in the end it is FENDER, IBanze and les paul

Fender and ibanze - since ur comfortable with strat style body and can reach higher frets , double cutaway design of body

les paul - humbuckers single cut way ..looks

i used to own a strat copy and i sold it..and got a les paul..i love it..only thing is getting used to the single cutaway body and to reach higher frets...

all 3 guitars are good go for playability and comfort u have with body design first then for looks..thats what i can suggest.

15. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Dude...am a les paul freak too.....but listen....Les pauls do have their limitations....for starters....no FR....tho an FR can be a pain when it comes to re-stringing ur guitar....u will get lovely sustain tho...LPs tend to be freakishly heavy...and if u r used to double cutaways.....LP is gonna be hell for you......
    i sincerely doubt u can call any guitar as a lead guitar or a rhythm guitar.......
    all u can get is a good guitar..........
    theres tonnes of threads on guitar buying look those up.......
    you will get more than what u want in info.....tonnes of people have posted in those

16. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

LES PAUL IS NOT AVAILABLE IN FURTADOS DUE TO LACK OF ORDERS.SO THEY SAY IT WONT BE AVAILABLE.IF YOU ORDER IT NOW IT WILL COME IN ABOUT 2 TO 3 MONTHS.

IM IN FOR A KRAMER - STRIKER AND

girish talwar"BOBBY" says u can get an yamaha paifica or kramer stiker which is my choice !
    im customizing the kramer by adding it some design and by carving my name in it.it looks gr8.its one of the good lead guitars.whats one thing that caghts my attenion was there is a stainless steel plate nelow the guitar carved made to hard rock.

17. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

while i was in panjim<outsklirt goa> i had been to furtados and had also seen a double neck guitar of yamaha!

18. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Get a Charvel, I am! Those guitars are S.E.X.

Look into the Charvel Model A Plus Pro Series.....

19. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

Never Heard Of Them Nor Have I Seen Them Nywhere!!

20. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

u dont get charvels on inida
    nor do u get jacksons
    ..i have tried the kramers, i though they sucked big time
    id suggest u check out the washburn N2 (nuno bettencourt model)...arnd Rs 20000 and they got a Bill Lawrence pickup on the bridge(if i remember correctly)

id strongly suggest the N2 instead of the Kramer