Suggest a simple good song to play for a crowd

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by andy_maxman, Dec 25, 2004.

1. andy_maxman

andy_maxman New Member

Which popular songs would be simple to instantly play in front of a crowd and feel nice about it?
    In English and Hindi.
    -thanks

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Firstly the acoustic or electric? I'll include both
    Acoustic
    1)Nirvana- Polly
    2)Nirvana- All Apologies
    3)Lucky Ali- O Sanam
    4)Papa Kehte Hain
    5)Some assorted tabs of hindi movie songs
    Electric
    1)Nirvana- Smells like teen spirit
    2)Nirvana- Come as you are
    3)Sum 41- The hell song
    4)Fountains of Wayne- Stacys mom
    Easy songs to play and they sound good, hope this helps:) Tell me dude.

3. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Yeah, Nirvana goes well with the crowd.. so does "Sweet Child" ( G n R )... for Hindi stuf, try Strings - Anjane

4. d_ist_urb_ed

@Asmodeus, note the word "simply easy song". Sweet child is not easy to play:)

5. tejas

tejas ..........

Well, it would be easier if u told us, what guitar u play as in electric or acoustic.
    But yeah, play any mainstream song. Cause if its mainstream it has to be crowd pleasing and has to be easy.

6. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Hey.. disturbed.. its easy if ya can nail the opening.... P.S. Also Dance Of Death by Maiden sounds damn good... can be played with 2 acoustics... Yeah, We nailed it!

7. d_ist_urb_ed

What about the solo Asmodeus, rain maker is darn good too, except, of course, the solo.

8. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Nah man.. I meant only Dance Of Death - not the whole album.... that'll be insulting Maiden man... & Yeah, we couldn't get the Main solo of Dance on the acoustic... man, Maiden rules!

P.S. Yeah, The Rainmaker solo's 2 good... Heard "Transylvania" ??? From the first album.. whenever they perform, the main solo is changed! Talk bout skills!

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@asmodeus...SCOM aint easy to play if u wanna play the leads...the chords version is easy..yeah..and the two solos....are killer....and yes the intro is difficult to nail.....
    hmmm....i wud go with..
    zombie
    summer of 69
    linger
    that thing u do
    smels like ten spirit...

hindi
    o sanam
    duur
    jaane ja
    bin tere sanam
    actually most hindi songs are pretty easy to play... :p:

theguitaristofm likes this.
  10. d_ist_urb_ed

@Saurabh, good ones, Zombie, but where are they gonna get a female with that typa voice?:p:

11. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

@ Andy :- You are back?? Amazing.. Can you PM me your phone number.. I need to talk to you...

English :- Holy Wars
    Hindi :- Intezaar - Old Original of my band..

12. d_ist_urb_ed

Holy Wars?:shock:

13. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Holy Wars??? Man, if that be easy, I would be next to Dave!

14. jayanth

Question says : Which popular songs would be simple to instantly play in front of a crowd and feel nice about it?

Holy Wars - Popular.. PLayable, Singable while playing.. Has a good feel.. Crowd loves it..

intezar :- Fast, Not Popular.. But crowd can sing along.. Deadly riffs and leads.. Nice Bass Solo of mine..

15. tejas

tejas ..........

Jay, u seriously need to teach me that song. I still suck at it. Forget singing, i can't even play it straight. I hope u were not talking bout drums.

16. jayanth

LOL.. Sure sure..

17. andy_maxman

andy_maxman New Member

hi jayanth,
    feels nice to see IGT booming. It's a great gig you guys 've got rolling. Keep it up mate.
    cheers,
    -andy

ps - i'm sorry.. i should have mentioned 'if it was to be played for a sombre crowd....kind of mellowy numbers......and what if it had to be just the guitar with no vocals.....( maybe it sounds weird )... no metal works....just the acoustics....
    thanks!

18. jayanth

Then english or Hindi wont matter - PLay Tears in the rain - Joe Satriani..

19. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

one man show.. without drums.. i would play something with cool strumming... and sing along.. old rd burman/sd burman songs - mere sapano ki raani,musafir hoon yaaron kinds..
    english.. i would probably play crash by dave mathew band,no such thing by john mayer (if the XX chromosomewalis are in the crowd),oasis wonderwall, jars of clay flood etc.. these r just songs that suit my style.. (and easy :p: )

so i would say play something that u play well..

20. jayanth

He said No Vocals..