Sub: Khushi Do Ghadi Ki - Kishore Kumar (Rare Ballad)

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by folkpoet80, Oct 4, 2006.

1. folkpoet80

folkpoet80 Member

Song: Khushi Do Ghadi Ki
    Movie: Door Ka Rahi
    Artist: Kishore Kumar

This is a great slow ballad from the movie, Door Ka Rahi, in which Kishore Kumar acted himself. The original song has bare minimum music with some Rebab in intro and minor strumming (barely audible) in between verses.
    My chords sound 100% accurate to me and are in the original scale. I've been listening to the song stop non-stop today so decided to put it up. Any comments/feedback is appreciated.
    I hope to put my recording here soon.

These chords have to be fingerpicked (I do it Arpeggio style) for the song to sound in its spirit.

Dm…………..A…………..D…………….F
    Khushi do ghadi ki, mile na mile
    Dm………A……..……D…………G--Dm
    Shama arazu ki, jale na jale
    Khushi do ghadi ki ..

D……………………..G…...C…………………Dm
    Rahaguzar men kai manzilen bhi milee (2)
    Dm……………..A…..……..D………..G--Dm
    Dekh kar ek pal, dam liya phir chale
    Khushi do ghadi ki

D………………………G…….C………………Dm
    Har kadam par nae marhale they khade (2)
    Dm………………...A…………..D…………..G--Dm
    Ham chale dil chala, dil chala ham chale
    Khushi do ghadi ki..(Repeat intro).

2. jozko

jozko Banned

folkpoet, i've watched ur guitar vids and also heard recordings. I like them all esp. Maine poocha chand. great singing!, its a great song! I never knew u were a member here, Great to find u here! thx for chords n rgds

Can someone give me a link to this song plz? :cry1:

3. folkpoet80

folkpoet80 Member

Thanks for listening jozko!!!
    By the way I have this original song. Give me your email ID and I'll send it to you.
    Did you try playing it?

4. jozko

jozko Banned

thx folk! i sent u PM, rgds

5. jozko

jozko Banned

Folkpoet, did u cover the song?? Haven't seen u post lately. Another member has posted 'beqarar dil' think from same movie. Both awesome songs!!

A REQ: Do you know any place where i can listen the english songs sung by Mohammed Rafi?? Or do u have it in your collection??

I had tried the intro that day itself, but later i forgot to complete it, i will try to.

btw what's the instrument used. Rebab is an instrument? Any good source on Internet where i can find more info, rgds

Code:
    A-------5-7--8-8-8)))----7-8-7-8-5-7-4-5-4))-
    E--5--6---------------------------------------

A---5--7-4-5-----------------5-7-8-----------
    E------------6-6)))-5----5-6------------------
    awesome intro. will complete later. corrections plz

6. folkpoet80

folkpoet80 Member

Jozko, I haven't had time to record it yet. Hopefully this weekend!!
    Rafi hasn't sung any English songs. I'm not sure what you're referring to.
    Khushi do ghadi ki does have Rebab in it. It's a stringed instrument (closest match would be Sarod) originally from Afghanistan.

7. jozko

jozko Banned

u just quickly answered folk!!! thanks for all the info. that's interesting piece of info on instrument from Afghan. I wait for ur recordings.

I read here https://www.mohdrafi.com/database/index.php?load=findid&ID=6248,4165 that Legend Rafi did sing some non-film english songs too
    two listed are
    1. All Though We Hail From
    2. The She I Love Is a Beautiful

The lyrics are posted somwhere on net, but still i haven't been able to get the audio :(

thx again for that rebab info. great song great intro. thx to post that.