Strumming ( yet again )

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Liquid, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Liquid

Liquid New Member

i know millions of ppl have this problem....and since im no different...i got the problem also..

i feel like im improving in strumming....but im not too sure...

i try to follow a pattern....but i just get carried away and start strumming like crazy....its weird...

can someone give me a definite approach to improve my strumming? plz

thanks

2. am also haing this prob can anyone plzzz help thnx

3. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Just get a metronome and strum like crazy... thats practice. Then listen to some particular strumming in a song and try to reproduce... But the important thing is to practice, and a metronome is always handy.

4. sushant_3k

sushant_3k New Member

Can somebody provide me some information about the metronomes?

For e.g.

Any brand?
    Price?

and any extra information, that you find suitable.

thanx

5. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Hmm... I first began using the Guitar pro metronome... You can download Guitarpro from www.mysongbook.com and use its metronome... But that has limited accessibility cuz then you will have to play in your computer room... Later my effects processor has an effective metronome which I use, but I wouldn't recommend you to buy a Processor until ur more sure about what sort of music you want to play..

Any decent metronome which works would do... don't think it would cost much, but Im not really aware of the market price... perhaps someone else would know.

6. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

buy it from som music shop...i got this Ibnaze Tuner/metromone, only $20 very cheap and works like a charm

7. Liquid

Liquid New Member

what the heck is a metronome?

8. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Think of a metronome as a very boring drummer who has very good time. It will help you practice playing guitar in time to a beat.

9. Liquid

Liquid New Member

oh nice...

but...still dont have a set idea or way to practice...