Strangers are the best Amps ever PERIOD

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ronnieanand, Sep 26, 2005.

1. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

Sorry for being off topic but shahrukh...this is a lousy avtaar..ur previous one was better..
    And by the way plz stop makin fun of stranger...I m a stranger fan...Oh and it isn t strange.Because its with stranger i started off and itz been a nice journey guys..really satisfying.

2. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

@rocking devil.... man dast a joke...

we really do get those signals ... sumtimes it sounds like we're tuning a radio.......

@ dennis ...
    hehehe .. wat happns with u happns with me 2... !!hahahaha

3. shak

shak Harrr!

@dennis: are ya joing or did ya get a tuner in your guitar and a reciever in your amp???
    @born2tab: oh come on!!! this is the desi billboard art .. i love this ... its all hand painted and reminds me of back home .. aah summer days .. stinging sunshine and me on the sadar roads ... lol these things were all around me.. sorry to be off-topic ..just replying ..

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@Born2Tab. I think only your Stranger is defective. Inspite of living near the Radio Tower, the Stranger Radio Amp Thingy is unable to pickup signals. :shock: . Sew Stranger. They have cheated you :mad: .

5. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Born 2 tab ... i think Ron is righjt ... your might be defective piece ...

the quality of workman ship is pathetic for strangers ... and that is the reason y i was determinde not to buy a stranger as my first amp ...

shahrukh i love your new avatar - reminds me of 80s and early 90s (i dunno about the period before that - coz i wasnt born :p: )

6. ronnieanand

I never bought Strangers either. I bougt Marshall MG15CD because I thought it was the same one that Ritchie Blackmore was using :annoyed: . Seriously I was thinking Blackmore was using MG15 or maybe MG30. I was naive then :eek:: .

Anyway now I make my own Amps and I am disposing my Marshall. Anybody interested in a new Marshall MG15CDR (This is not that Ritchie Blackmore thingy). Yes this one is with inbuilt reverb. PM me if you are interested. Only home made amps from now on for me :beer: .

7. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

GUYS READ MY POST .... IT wasnt the AMPs problem its the MICS problem !!!!!!

8. jekyll

jekyll Banned

hey dont ya like the built-in overdrive, i feel it is much better than what some of the distortion pedals offer ...

besides a Marshall tag on the speaker cabinet always looks Chic

9. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

:think: nice one dudes..i was all bowled by this one. :nw: agreed..probably mine is the only defective piece on earth. :p:

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

sorry about the late reply, i was serious

11. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@Nanda - Thanks for the info.

12. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

happened wid our stranger 20m 2............same mic incident........but ot wid guitar........wen u plug da guitar insted of mic, it dosnt happens................

our case was t.v. signal............not radio......

13. ronnieanand

MG15 inbuilt overdrive sounds crap. All of the MG amps suck. Even the 100W ones. It's bad that Marshall came with such crappy amps. Even the little Johnson Cube sounds good.

14. despremee

despremee New Member

Faulty Amps cannot become radio 'detectors' for 'ANY' type of modulation, especially ‘FM
    ’ as far as my knowledge goes, unless someone has something better to add......., please..................,

15. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Dude .. why don't ya ppl read my POST ......
    I was physically present in the JAM room .. Then we thought its amp .. Then did some searching on NET ... It was the MIC ...

And i have given total exp on this in my first or second post in this thread .. read it ..

16. ronnieanand

Nanda :nw: :nw: :nw:

17. real_illusions

real_illusions Clapton Is GOD

this kind of thing happens a lot i guess. even the intro voices on flying in a blue dream just happened to be caught by joe satriani's amps and the recording engineer had the good sense to hit the record button.

18. despremee

despremee New Member

@Nanda

Dude... :nw: :nw: :nw:
    Hmmmm... Mic, eh ?
    Sorry, missed ur earlier post...

But if we continue this thread any longer, blokes will talk of receiving 'Saas bhi khabi bahoo thi'.......... :shock:

19. guitarboy_anand

guitarboy_anand MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD

Umeed Se Dugna!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or What