Steve Morse!

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by alpha1, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

Steve Morse is 52 yrs OLD !!!

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yeah, he doest look like though!

He is also a certified commercial pilot.

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

He had even quit Music Industry once for about 2 years and was working as a Pilot...

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Haha, so you DO know about him then. :p:

5. ronnieanand

When did I ever tell you that I didn't know about him :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have listened to his some solo stuffs and DP stuffs...Boring :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:

6. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

hey ronnie call me on my mobile number da. Need to know something about the mixer.

7. morse_pankha

morse_pankha Banned

its funny how ppl with the least talent diss major talent.
    dp picked STEVE MORSE..so live with it..coz the guys themselves feel that he is worthy.
    he isnt great just bcoz he won some magazine award...his solo stuff is experimental and technical i agree.
    i can imagine steve sitting with most greats and be on par..

8. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Haha, "measure your music" attack.

9. ronnieanand

That's the whole fun part....Always discuss about major issues that you dont have much clues about...Damn, you hardly know anything about Indian constituency or anything but you make a major decision of who will rule 100 Million Indians....I think this is less severe than that...So nothing wrong...

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    Anyway, barring the Deep Purple albums, has he played hard rock in his own stuff?

11. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

But he just doesnt get that to criticize a talented guy as a listener , you dont even have to play an instrument and be equally talented. Here's where the difference between wankery and feeling. If my listening experience of a super talented [Michael Angelo for example] song was shit then why shouldnt I have the right to call it shit?

Oh, right. I'm not as talented.

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

But then thats what he meant.

Anyway, how do you actually differentiate between wankery and feel?
    I cannot.

13. morse_pankha

morse_pankha Banned

sure everyone has an arsehole..
    u can diss whoever u want..did i even say that u cant..i just thought it was funny how it always ends up that way.
    but there are many ppl i know..u may or may not fall under that category..
    guys who dont have technical chops invariably end up dissing musicians who have put in the time to master those nuances...but steve morse has both technique and great music sense..imo..

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ HAHA.
    Quite right.

Anyway, I heard the one album of his today morning - his tone is surprisingly heavier than usual. Forgot the name. But liked the music.

15. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

MORSE IS PHENOMNAL.....i HAD HIS ALBUM " Structural Damage" AMAZING WORK......

16. morse_pankha

morse_pankha Banned

morse can sound pretty heavy when he wants too..
    if u guys havent checked out his instrcutional
    THE ESSENTIAL STEVE MORSE..he explains his gear and stuff there..man..hes one gear freak..and has so many sounds under his control..
    i read one interview where he says he uses 5150 for the dp stuff...he does dial the gain up when he wants to.

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I guess I was talking about Structural Damage only, but dont remember :p:
    Anyway, but I dont like the color of his EBMM Dirty Blue guitar. :aggre:

18. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I am with you on that... infact the look of his guitar his the only thing i dont like abouth him.... i find his guitar ugly looking..... and far to much switching... and plus that irrattaing blue burst finish

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Heeeheeeheee
    Lets see what the Pankha says in response to that.

20. El macho

El macho New Member

Steve Morse is exceptional!
    His alternate picking is amazing!
    I've seen him perform right in front! & the most important quality of him is his ease of playing, no Over-expressions, no flamboyant moves, but just a simple smile! & he's very down to earth, spoke to us & gave us some picks!