Stealth Plug

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by overkill, Sep 7, 2010.

1. overkill

overkill New Member

Any of you guys heard of this p.o.s.?
    Ordered it a couple weeks back after reading about the thing, it finally got here, plugged it in.
    What it does essentially is use electrical signal from USB port. So you put a 1/8th headphone jack into supplied unit, get a nice, raw, clean signal. Isn't that great?
    The problem is there's no way to run the signal through sound card, thereby taking advantage of Amplitube or whatever signal processing program you have.
    Tried everything, running signal to soundcard directly, downloading different drivers, etc.
    Advice, if anyone's considering getting a Stealth Plug and using it on a PC, don't. Save yourself money and anger, just get a Cube amp and a signal processor.
    Oh wait, we live in India.

ok

2. flood

flood New Member

weird. was going to shout "you're doing it wrong" but here's a thread with a very similar problem to yours: https://www.guitarforums.com/recording/231-stealthplug-amplitube.html

good thing i don't bother with that shit. amps and stompboxes for me, all the way. screw processors.

3. nitindhamania00

nitindhamania00 New Member

Hi all,
    i want to buy a AmpliTube StealthPlug in lowest price. please any one help me to buy a StealthPlug in Delhi/NCR musical shop. because i want to see a demo of StealthPlug.
    Thank You for giving me your important time......
    Nitin Kumar Dhamania.

4. theghost

theghost New Member

u should have gone with te tried and tested audio interfaces.My friend uses the line6 ux1, it works just fine.

5. overkill

overkill New Member

Indeed, theghost. What can I tell ya, buddy, fell for the Stealth hype.
    nitindhamania00, don't do it, man. You'd be a lot better served to just go with a good amp or as theghost suggests a different kind of interface, if you wanna play through pc and take advantage of the software programs around.
    This isn't to crap on Stealth plugs; plenty of people have them and like them. I think it's a piece of ****. Just my opinion.