Squire Strat ( California Series ) Rabi pls help

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ninad77, Mar 28, 2005.

1. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Hi Guys ,

I just got a California Series Squire Strat form a friend but I have looked the net for this. I dont seem to find any information can anyone help me .. I need to know few things like pricing for this guitars etc . :beer:

Please note this is not the standard or affinty series guitar ...

Strangely they are available in Mumbai but No one seems to have any other details of these Guitars ??

Ninad

2. Speculator

Speculator New Member

where are they available in Mumbai?

3. shak

shak Harrr!

4. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

shahrukh thats a Fender USA guitar, most probably made in their Corona, California factory hence the "California Series".

ninad is talking about a Fender SQUIRE California Series Strat which I've never heard of. I'll look around and see if its true but can you give me some more information first, like does it say 'Squire' or 'Fender' on the headstock, is there any further markings on the headstock and is there a serial number anywhere on the guitar (normally on the reverse of the headstock) ?

5. shak

shak Harrr!

aaah! ..thnx for correcting me rabi ... i am not good at fenders :(

6. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

I think Bharagava in Town ( near Metro cinema ) ...

Ninad

7. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Rabi Its a Normal Headstock & says on headstock its Squire by Fender , California Series is mentioned on the head stock & There is sticker made in China on the backside... I will look for serial no. and get back to you..

Ninad

8. rabi_sultan

yeah getting the serial number will clue you in on the production year and the factory it was made in.

However I've still not come across this guitar, but its obviously made out in the Squire factory (in China). Its not even on the squire website!

9. rabi_sultan

ninad do me a favour and please post some pictures of the headstock front-back.

also if your friend has gone for some time then see if you can lift out the pickups and see if there are any serial numbers written on them. Some of the Fender Squire guitars were loaded with either the Tex Mex Special pickups or the Texas Specials Single Coils. These pickups are better than the stock single coil pickups (but obviously the hand wound pre60s pickups are better ;))

10. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33039&item=7311535600&rd=1

Rabi I Have checked the link send by Shahrukh ( Shahrukh Thanks Dude ) . Well The Head Stock features look almost the same as the Fender California Series. It has the same logo etc expect in place of fender it says Squire & by Fender is below the California logo is the same . Even the bridge is same & yes I have compared to Squire Affinty's that you get here the bridge is not same of the one I have that of Affinty series I beliave the affintys are copies of the 70's large Headstock models... Well I even called the dealer here in Mumbai but they said that this guitars ever shipped by mistake to India & they have no clue on the guitars & were also surprised that there is no information the offical web site about these models. I assume so that these guitars Squires Made in China But assembled in Carona but with better hardware but the hardware says squire on it the Bridge & the tunning keys & yes if u compare it to Affintys there is huge diifrence even the feel is much smoother & has very warm sound over all . I have feeling that u are going to be right about the pick ups since there is huge tone diifrence in affintys & these one ..
    I will post some pics soon
    Ninad

11. rabi_sultan

yeap but those that were loaded with the Tex Mex and Texas ones were constructed over in their Japanese factory. So it could be that these were a one off batch special from Carona....but if thats the case why not simply mark them off as Highway 1 guitars.

Actually having mentioned that can you compare the bridge and tuning pegs to a Highway 1 guitar (if the local shop has one).

12. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

i know abt this guitar you are talking abt - see its a maple fretboard right?

ya it sells for 12k in india - im not sure if its even made by fender or is a copy - its notr good at all - id compare it with an ibanez gsa - its about the same in quality -

i dont know too much abt it- my freind showed me alink to it once - i dont ahve that link - i advised him not to buy it coz it was crap....

13. rabi_sultan

14. deathdr_87

oh so fender actually made them - either ways theyre absolute crap

15. rabi_sultan

i don't think they are made by fender. i dont think fender have an official factory out in china. besides they are squire who i always thought were korean ??? so i'm really puzzled about it.

16. deathdr_87

im guessing theyre licensed to use the fender name - they may not have even been designed by fender - fender doesnt make such crap

17. rabi_sultan

lol that is true

18. deathdr_87

but thinking voer that i find it strange - does fendeer just lend its name to any series of guitar that ones of its subsidiaries might make - i mean wouldnt they actaully see the guitar before giving it the fender anme??

im quite confused at. how fender manages its subsidiaries....

19. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Rabi Here is serial no .

FENDER STRATS CA SRS 633010906

Can u find some details for me pls

Ninad

20. rabi_sultan

if it has 22 frets that could then be the Fender Squire Bullet SRS Stratocaster.

As for the serial number I've never seen one that long before lol. Best to get in touch with Fender like deathdr said.