Spoiler - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Asmodeus, May 23, 2005.

1. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

@ #iR@ how cud dennis make sense !!

:p:

2. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

well the book was great .. i just completed it. Rowling makes up for part 5 . I did'nt find the book lagging anywhere. And yeah there are some surprises. But this book makes me so eager to read part 7 i can't tell you . many parts are left completely unanswered really.

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Wow...amazing read...the ending was the , though i thought that the initial 300 pages were crap.

Id like to speculate what might happen in the next book but i dont wanna spoil it for others...so, tejas.. cud u put a warning sign or something like tat so that people who havent read the book dont end up here.

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

The important events in the book were interesting but i feel that Rowling lost it after GoF...when you read HP earlier everything was properly woven together and events occurred for a reason..In OOTP for eg in the end..it was kinda filmy..how did the kids get in undetected..nobody at the ministry..and those death eaters were made to look incompetent in front of the kids
    HBP first few hundred pages are really crap..the romances are badly written and abrupt in their inception..again events just seem to be happening just like that..no real involvement in the story...and almost 80% of the lines are soo stale..totally from the previous 5 books...
    She should actually have stuck to 6 books and packed the stale school lessons Quidditch Grawp etc in the last 2 books after GoF...they are of no consequence tothe story now..

5. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

yeah i agree... though the book was good... it didnt have anything new to offer as the first four books did...

6. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

and gryffindor winning quidditch was so predictible... just the way it was shown in the fifth book... it would have been better if they lost

7. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

Wtf???????????

8. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!...WARNING DONT READ IF U HAVENT READ THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!

........................................................................................................................................

Chalo bhaiyo..heres my theories(if u can call em that)
    Malfoy will have a chance of killing Potter but wont as he has never killed anyone (as Dumby said) , which is because Dumby pleaded with Snape to kill him so that Malfoy wudnt be a killer.
    Needless to say,Snape wil become a hero of sorts

Anybody figured the R.A.B. thing - personally i think its either Dumby or some other character we havent met yet.

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

*********SPOILER WARNING**************

hah, I managed to borrow the book and read it.

R.A.B. is Regulus Alphard Black...Sirius' cousin who was a death eater but was killed because he tried to back out. If you look at book 5 in the tapestry scene, you will find Regulus Black whose father's name was Alphard. That's my theory anyway.

I personally feel that Snape is bad....we've been expecting him to show a good side for the last 5 books but now I figure he is a bad guy. Dumbledore cannot be right about everything. I don't think he was pleading for his life at the end though...he was too dignified for that. I think he was pleading for him not to break Dumbledores trust since trust seems to be the biggest asset Dumbledore has.

But the Snape being a good guy theory works out nicely too.

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

am not even a fan...but i read the whole plot summary at wikipedia, all 30 chapters......
    jst so i cud tell it to my GF who hasnt read it yet...:)

!!! Spoiler warning !!!

Snape is a bad guy, he helps draco malfoy succeed coz he promised his mom narcissia(?) that he wud help him succeed...Draco is a death eater too(thats what i got out of it))
    Snape shares something with that voldemort dude,the trait that his father was a muggle, his mom was some elise prince(?) father was some snape who was a muggle
    (hint hint)

y am i doin al this...i should be studying...bak to the other boring books...see ya

12. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

hmm i think DENNIS is right !
    xcept da MALFOY part

DUMBY did plead 2 snape 2 KILL him !
    and in da last SNAPE will be da d X-FACTOR!

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Snape being bad isnt possible....it wud be all too lame then, wudnt fit rowlings style.
    It wud be like Sirius being bad in Azkaban.

14. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

yeah i agree with dennis... there's more to snape than is being revealed now... i do think dumby was pleading snape to kill him, and snape will turn out to be good in the end... but it becomes a bit predictible this way

15. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

oh yeah, another point, snape prevents another deatheater from killing harry saying he is voldemorts meal thus saving harry, so snapes definately good.

16. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

i think dennis shud write da next book!!

or maybe he's rowling taken da name as DENNIS
    hhmmm....

17. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

I think Snape is a bad guy. If there was a little bit of good in him then he wouldn't have killed Dumbledore. I think that was a very cowardly act: killing a disarmed Dumby with four Death Eaters on your side. :mad:

18. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^^^kids :p:

19. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Look whose talkin,... :p:
    Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn,.............. I'll tell u wat, just go thru ur own posts in this thread, I bet u wont be able to make difference between yours and other kids post's here. I dont mind it, coz none of my business who likes crap and who doesnt, just found u saying this funny. hehe :RollLol:

20. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

ahh, even though u hated potter u have still visited this thread....does the word vehla ring a bell :p: ...bhai ji, meney kids isliye kaha tha just to flaunt my conclusions.
    Anyways i wish i was a kid...