-SPAM- Thread - Buy/Sell

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by laneymaney, Apr 30, 2007.

1. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

im selling a morley pdw II volume/wah/distortion for 3500 bucks if you're interested. mainly a wah pedal but the volume and the distortion(more of an overdrive but really can be quite a bonus)

2. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

@tallkien - can you do the same with a marshall mg 10cd? what will be the logistics regarding tube maintenance etc.?

3. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

oh yeah, I just don't want to go through the trouble of making a head cab for something so small, besides I make nothing in the way of profit, so this is only offered as a mod job.

A firefly uses tiny tubes that probably won't need maintainance other than replacement if you break a tube. Even a P1 is possible in a marshall 10

4. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

@tallkien,

What parts will you be using from the stranger? Because, if possible I would want it to look nice too. And there might be something wrong with the speaker of my stranger.

@ raj.

Dude, I've played on the Morley and didn't think it was really the kind of wah sound that i'm looking for. And I think I'll buy the amp first.

5. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

It will not change the appearance in any way other than you'll have tubes sticking out of the chassis in the back. And a speaker is very important! Switching on any tube amp without a working speaker WILL BLOW UP THE AMP!!!

Oh yeah the front faceplate might change but if I need to add or remove controls I'll stick a new faceplate on the front. A couple of switches need to be added anyway

6. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

@ tallkien, thats what i was afraid of. I hate the way the stranger looks.

I think 1 watt might be a li'l too low for me, I might want to jam with it at times too. What about the Hi-Octane that you currently have? Think you would be willing to part with it? Or would it be possible to build me a similar one for 7-8k?

7. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

If you want a jamming amp I suggest a P1-EX with an Octal tube. That'll cost you 8k. Heck you can even gig with this one. This is kind of a clean crunch amp and can be boosted nicely with a pedal, sounds killer, and it'll fit nicely in a stranger 20 or above, plus you will always have the option of hooking up an extension cab for the kind of volume levels you need

It's important to remember one thing with tube amps. DON'T COMPARE THEM TO SS AMPS OF THE SAME WATTAGE! You can connect a variety of speaker options to it. A 1w firefly with 4 speakers IS loud enough for more than just your room. You CANNOT do that with an SS 1W amp.

A 12W P1 EX will shake the ground with two speakers. Sadly our speaker options are so limited here or I might offer these things as combos, but believe me a good speaker cab can make all the difference to these lo watters, so if you are really interested in a tube amp think about the speakers alongside. You can always add a cab and you should coz THAT is what gives you output, not wattage

My Hi-Ocatne is heavily modded and continues to be tinkered with for testing and prototyping to I think I'll keep it afterall. In fact I want to try some new tubes in it. Soon as I come by some cash...

8. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Actually its a combo with a 6" speaker. IMO the P1 is a mucchchh better sounding amp than the Jr and they are quite similar in specs

9. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Not sure I understand what you're saying. If I put a new faceplate, it obviously changes the look of the stranger. The rest of the amp stays the same

10. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Theres a JCM 900 for sale....400$ + Shipping to India from US. Guy from the ESP boards is selling it! The cover is torn here and there hence the low price...but he says it works fine

11. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

@tallkien: and can you make a 5-10 watter out of the mg10cd? the amp speaker is not the best though, ive had it for a little more than 2 years now

5-10W because then i can use it for jamming and pub gigs..right?

and how much will it cost to remodify the mg10cd along the above specs..if they can be done

12. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

How many inches wide is an MG10 chassis? If you want an amp for pub gigs I suggest the P1 eXtreme. Its a simple amp that sounds Loud and very rich. Price for a head is 8k but a mod job knocks a grand and a half off so 6.5k. If you don't have a speaker cab you can borrow your friends mg50 and use it as a cab for some serious volume. or in the mean time use the mg10's speaker, no problem

The octane is a higher gain preamp so it has more components which needs more space, so despite its lower wattage, its a more complex amp to build and hence no cheaper than the P1eX. Go with the P1eX, its a lovely amp, and quite loud.

@Laney: $400 is not worth it for a JCM900. Those Marshalls are firstly made right here in Mumbai using PCB construction. Those ebay amps we were discussing a while back would be much more worth it. And how much do you think shipping a 19 kg package from the US costs? Also, Forgot your friendly 17%? The total cost will be nothing short of ridiculous

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Aye Aye Captain...

14. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

@tallkien - I'm looking to mod my soon to be arriving VOX V847 for true bypass and and LED indicator :) .
    ive got all the modding sites, diagrams etc but where the hell do i get a TPDT switch?? Any idea?

15. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

and about the amp,
    6.5k for a 5-10 watter?
    im not exactly looking for a high gain amp, i'd rather have an amp with good cleans and run some pedals with it for my effects.

16. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

and mr. tallkien, do you use any IM's like msn or gtalk?

17. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

the P1-eX is 12Watts and with decent speakers it WILL rape a 25W SS amp. And if you think 6.5k is too much, consider that the next cheapest option for this amp is a kit for about $255+shipping+Duty. You are easily talking close to $400 after which you still need to assemble it and make yourself a cab.

A finished hand wired boutique P1eX amp will not sell for less than $800.

I am offering you the cheapest tube amp on the face of the earth and if you think that's expensive you sir can take a flying you know what. This discussion is over as far as I'm concerned...

I'm an idiot for even considering helping you folks out

18. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

dude! wtf! i was just confirming the wattage! i know its a killer deal. relax man!

arre yaar you got senti faltu mein. everyone here appreciates what you're doing and i'm one of your DIY fans :)

19. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

and now that we have that cleared up if you could answer this question, id be most grateful:

I'm looking to mod my soon to be arriving VOX V847 for true bypass and and LED indicator .
    ive got all the modding sites, diagrams etc but where the hell do i get a TPDT switch?? Any idea?

20. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

I myself need a few 3PDT switches for some boxes. Guess you'll just have to order them online. around $4.5 ea.

and I apologize for losing it back there. My fan's not working and I'm sweating like a pig apart from which I've just picked up a cold. Bad day for me, I'll see you guys later

I use Ymessenger <myuser>@yahoo.com but I'm not logged in all the time