Source for Guitar Parts in INDIA.

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Luthier, Nov 29, 2005.

1. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

I'm not flaming, but the locking nut that comes with your Floyd Rose is what keeps your guitar in tune when you use your whammy. It LOCKS it, right? Therefore any more locking you do through tuners or otherwise is completely unnecessary. If you want to spend your money, go ahead. But you'll end up with something that adds no value to your instrument. Yes, Planet Waves or Sperzel locking tuners are the best, but for WHAT? For having tight tuning ratios and for KEEPING YOUR GUITAR IN TUNE, which the Floyd Rose nut is already doing. So if you want the best, go ahead and install 12 tuners on a six string, because thats the best, right? Because thats in effect what you're doing when you install both locking tuners and a locking nut.
    @ Luthier: Cheers:)

2. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Dude are u a real Luthier ??????!!!!!!!!!!

3. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ Abhi : My tuners are NOT LOCKING TUNERS.. THey are just AUTO TRIM tuners... :)

@ Luthier : I should be able to call you tonight..

4. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ Abhi : In any case just send me links to other tuning machines..

5. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Hey Nanda, yes i am a real luthier. But a "FULLY PART-TIME LUTHIER".
    :dance:
    regards
    Luthier

6. Luthier

Luthier New Member

@ hindirox i just came from work.
    Call me in the morning......till noon.
    Regards
    Luthier

7. itwasnoteasy

itwasnoteasy E chord humka dede Thakur

i read every message on this thread and it was interesting i liked that small dhishum dhishum also good spirits i liked this thread dont know what but something good was floating in here between u guys. :beer:

8. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Thanks Bro.. Me is in serious dilema and you are enjoying it? :)

Luthier sorry i called in the middle of the night.. Will call in the morning..

9. abhijitnath

@ Hindirox-Peace
    But I presume they're these ones
    https://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners..._Waves_Auto-Trim_Locking_Guitar_Machines.html
    AFAIK only locking tuners need to be trimmed after just one turn...normal tuners need lots of turns around the post and then the excess is trimmed.
    Hence the auto trimming ones are most probably locking as well....please check before buying..I could be wrong.
    If they are locking they wouldn't be useful with a Floyd.
    In which case Grover or Schaller non-locking ones with 18:1 ratios should be nice.

10. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

@luthier ... Hey maybe u can do some stuff for me then !!!!! How r ur prices ???? can u create a thread to advitise urself ......

11. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ Abhi : The Autotrimmer has more than one winding around it.. Not a single one..

12. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey. Where can I get volume knobs for Les Paul. I need it Black or White.

13. abhijitnath

Do you have a link to the site? I'd like to see it too....

14. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Rhythm Musicals..

15. abhijitnath

Any website? Because I couldn't find any link ANYWHERE for any auto-trim tuner made by any company which is not locking and which doesnt trim after just one wind...I'd be interested to know where its available and what special use the auto-trim is put to in that case

16. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Dude.. Its the same that you showed me.. But you can make it wind moer than once.. Trimming is to remove extra string thats all.. When it trims it obviously locks the string.. BUt the purpose of it is not to Keep the tuning properly.. Even if it locks the string, the peg can move.. Thats where floyd rose helps..

17. abhijitnath

Err..not really
    I think we'll just have to agree to disagree:)

18. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

The purpose of auto trim is not to keep the tuning in place.. Its JUST TO TRIM the strings..

19. abhijitnath

Yes, the purpose of the trim is to trim the string after one turn
    But why is the trim required?
    Because the locking mechanism on the tuner only works when the string is cut after one turn
    And despite your claim that your tuner is not locking, it is (Check the website).
    And it also cuts the string after one turn.
    Since you dont need locking tuners with a FLoyd Rose locking nut, ergo you also dont need auto-trimmers.

20. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

I talked to Luthier and confirmed on it.. So i dont need to keep arguing here..

What is the Purpose of a Cutting Plier.. TO CUT THE EXTRA STRING OF..

Thats an added feature of the Auto Trimmer thats all.. Rest of it acts as a tuning key..

Just tell me, if it cuts off extra string and locks the tuning. What happens if i need to down tune?? LOL....