Sound Creates Hallucination!! No more drugs?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by g0g0l, Jul 21, 2008.

1. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

It might be surprising, but,in near future, you might not need alcohol to get Drunk! Welcome to the world of Binaural Beats!

The THEORY behind binaural beats is that if you apply slightly different frequency sine waves to each ear, a beating affect is created in the brain itself, due to the brain's internal wiring. If, in the presence of these tones, you relax and let your mind go, your mind will naturally synchronize with the beat frequency.

It is also possible to produce mixtures of brain waves of different frequencies by mixing binaural tones, and in this way, with practice and experimentation, it is reportedly possible to achieve rather unusual states, such as out-of-body stuff, and more.

So, what do you guys think on this?? No more drugs in future??

(get the full article in my blog!)

2. augur

augur I love bjr

Don't want to piss on your thread but..... !Welcome to 2003!

3. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^IGT was created in 2004 i guess :p:

.... Actually, the free software was there. But, recently, a Pro version has been out in market called I-doser and the topic has started again! SbAGen team is saying that they (I-doser) have stolen the free project and the debate is still going on!! So, i thought it would be great to share the topic with you guys ( actually i posted the topic in my blog, but later thought, that IGT is another place where i can discuss more on it)

so, good comments are expected!!

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Don't you think this'll eventually become an octopad vs drums argument?

g0g0l likes this.
  5. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

Apple vs Coffee ..

Apple is more effective in keeping you awake than coffee they say but honestly I would find it dumb to have an apple when I'm sitting with my friends at 2am trying to stay awake. Coffee would be the thing.

You got the answer didn't you?

6. paati

paati New Member

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Let's not underestimate the effect!! I tested the dose (after boozing :p:) and i really felt the kick!! With time, it'll become much more effective than what it is now. But yes, still now, the comparison is like Bulti vs Tama Drumkit :RollLol:

@paati
    I will read the article and let you know how i liked it :)

Do you ppl have any updates on this??

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Anyone heard about the Brown Note?

:RollLol:

9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

nd wots dat?? :shock:

btw! @alpha.5
    long time no see!!?? Wot r u doing dese days??

10. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

11. augur

augur I love bjr

I don't believe it... but wouldn't mind trying it on someone else!

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

you can always check out the wiki page

13. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^_^Lemme do that!

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

you wanna test it on yourself?
    ;)

15. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

How will you produce such a sound anyway?

And the only reason I can fathom that frequency having an effect is because it has a frequency close to the BER of the large intestine. Even so, it's a far fetched story.

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Producing low frequency sounds is not a big thing.
    You need a very large diaphragm, and a huge amp since the current consumed vs decibels produced is very low in case of low frequencies.

17. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

I think this Binaural effect is little different. Here, the low freq. is not the key, but, applying different freq. sine wave to different ear is . Also, the effect seems to be more desirable when it comes to binaural beats..

18. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

No one said binaural beats and the brown note were the same thing.

19. Krazy 4 Guitar

Krazy 4 Guitar Rockstar

excuse me!
    sorry for going out of subject but I wanted to ow how to start a thread.

20. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

That "brown note" concept was posted in this topic which is on binaural beats. So, if a general user sees the posts, he or she might get the impression that those two things are related. So, I, from my side, cleared the concept for all (although i am not totally concerned about the brown note thingy, only took a glimpse at the wiki entry)

Clear??