soulfly!!

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by slash_i_m, Jan 3, 2006.

1. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

hey guys has anybody heard the song called 'Soulfly V'' form thier new album 'Dark Ages'.i havent heard any other song from them.but i bet u'll like this song.its an instumental song by them and its just tooo coool.good use of acoustic,and great melody.try downloading it somehow probably from a p2p soft.[SNIP].its a really good song worth listening.keep rockin!

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

I seriously wonder if you wouldnt regret posting these threads about a year later :p:

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hahahahaha...that cracked me up

4. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

lol is the album that old ?i din no that.

5. tejas

tejas ..........

^ :RollLol: :shock:

6. shsnawada

ROFL (i do mean it). This album is from october 2005 man. I said that you would regret listening to such stuff about a year later :p:. (just like i listened to godsmack about a year and a half ago)
    ps: Dont say blasphemous words like ***, ********...etc in public. use pm (if you have somebody to say this to). Dont discuss the illegal downloading of songs (or so the rules say)

7. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

I shall quote this statement about Godsmack and keep laughing if and when I ever meet you:)

8. shsnawada

Naah. I dont really reagret it that much. Fear Factory brought me into metal....
    back to topic: This guy made 44 songs in the last three years. Thats more than a song a month. Excluding touring and other things (!!!!!). What the hell?

9. abhijitnath

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
    A R Rahman
    Miles Davis
    Why not? (Not that his songs have anywhere near the caliber of any of the other three)

10. shsnawada

They make songs faster? I mean making songs very quickly isnt always good you know.

11. abhijitnath

Yeah..Mozart wrote 'Marriage of Figaro' and 'Requiem Mass' in one night each.
    A R Rahman at his peak was releasing one album a month.
    Miles Davis..Bitches Brew, In a Silent Way, Jack johnson within the space of six months
    Black Sabbath: The first album was recorded in 8 hours, the second in 3 days, both were released in the space of 9 months.
    At the other extreme, we have Eric johnson of course..who spent 6 years recording Venus Isle.

Theres no correlation per se I think..some people just think in certain ways.

12. shsnawada

Whoa.....OK. Somehow i think taking longer to make a song would result in better songs.
    If you have that gap, then you might get inspired by different things you know.
    Lets say there's a death metal band which doesnt really have its own "sound" yet. If the guys are really inspired and influenced by Suffocation ( as an example) and make a whole album in 2-3 days, then the whole album would kind of sound the same (unless youre ultra talented or schizophrenic). If you leave a gap of a month, lets say you listen to a lot of blues and get influenced by it; isnt it better for the music?

Anyway, back to the topic: Has anyone heard max sing in a melodic way?

13. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

anyways any of you guys have a tab for this song.i think i know some parts.