Somebody help me with my strumming......How to improve??

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by sumeet dhar, Jan 21, 2008.

1. sumeet dhar

sumeet dhar New Member

Pl somebody help me with my strumming......How to improve??

2. ankita09

ankita09 New Member

If..u get answer to this..please do tell me..:)

3. sameerb1

sameerb1 New Member

practice makes perfect...learn and practice

4. Mujahid.Kidwai

Mujahid.Kidwai New Member

Look for it on google....u'll find some gud sites & there are some onlin lessons u can enroll in....try "elmore-music.com"...........happy srumming...

5. javalogix

javalogix Member

Google "Metronome"

A must have software if you want to improve your stumming......

Worked for me.......

6. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

What I'm mentioning is what I did to understand rhythm guitaring.Hopefully,it'll help you too.

1)Get some patterns from your teacher,if you have one.If he/she gives it as "ddu udu",ask him/her to play it for you with the strings muted.You'll understand it better that way.

2)When you listen to the song,focus on the drum beats.Emulate the sound of the beats with you hands (i.e play the beats on a table)
    Considering you're a righty,every time your right hand bangs the table,note it as "d" and when you use your left hand note it as "u" on a paper.That would be the strumming pattern.
    So basically the right hand would represent down-stroke while strumming and left hand would indicate upstroke.

Strumming patterns are beyond drum beats.But,at the beginning,this should do_Once you understand rhythm better,you'll make up your own patterns.

7. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Play a lot of funk, and swing patterns. Will help greatly.

8. swizzy

swizzy New Member

i'm not a expert or anything... but personally i felt strumming easier and better with a 0.46 mm pick (USA Nylon)

9. coolrocker

coolrocker New Member

1>Practice and Practice

2>Use Metronome

3>Start with simple strumming patterns

4>Learn cool strumming techniques like palm muting after you learn basic strumming patterns

5>Google is our free college and library....use it :) :)

10. selvarajvignesh

selvarajvignesh New Member

3 basic exercises to follow,,
    1.waltz beat 3/4
    2.3/2 beat
    3.ddd dududududu.d means downstroke,,,u means upstroke...the third ex is very important...play 4 sets per chord...try C-Am-F-G combination...

11. selvarajvignesh

selvarajvignesh New Member

3 basic exercises to follow,,
    1.waltz beat 3/4
    2.3/2 beat
    3.ddd dududududu.d means downstroke,,,u means upstroke...the third ex is very important...play 4 sets per chord...try C-Am-F-G combination...

12. Annieston

Annieston New Member

Hey...
    Strumming stricktly has no rules..
    It is Just a feel....
    I was at your level 1 year ago.. Nw I can play pretty basic and some advance chords...with many stumming paterns...
    I can help you in the way how I got through...

Follow there youtube channels... and search there for strumming

1) My Virtual guruji - Suresh - YouTube
    2) Another learning channel :- HowToPlayGuitar2's channel - YouTube