some stupid problem wid my pc again..HELP?

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by vini, Sep 22, 2005.

1. vini

vini Repeat Offender

ok..its like whenever im trying to start applications like Windows Update and Yahoo Messenger and MSN msngr a window pops up everytime wid a title "..unable to locate component" then it says::

This application has failed to start because WININET.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

:eek:: now any1 got an idea whats wrong..my pc was working fine..until my bro was running an anti-virus and he fixed some viruses it seems..and now when im workin on my pc..im facin this problem
    :Worried: help me guys if u have any clue :help:

tahda!! :sadbye:

2. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

ehehehe........give my regards to your bro!:grin:

i dunno......ask zoomie!

3. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

i think,
    if u dwnld the dll(dynamic link library) (i think they r binary codes if i aint wrong) from any website..microsoft wld be preffered....
    wld work..
    :beer:

4. vini

vini Repeat Offender

u think.. no no no

plz give me a sureshot solution..its the question of my pc's life and death :grin: no..its really serious..im really really worried too :-(

5. anshphenomenon

ok..
    iam sure i wld have done that..
    go to microsoft and see if they let u dwnld..
    but if u aint convinced then i "think"zoom can help u better.. ;)

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

download .dll? :think:
    i wonder..ok...lemme see

7. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

buy a new computer!

8. vini

vini Repeat Offender

plzzzzz.. :mad: its hardly half a year old Computer..ok? 1 more crappy post..and and and...erm.. i'll ..what can i do? :p: plz help me guys!..

@ansh.. i dont find any availability of dll downloads on microsoft website...if u find plz send me the link :nw:

ps- btw...this same window is popping up whenever i access a link to switch to some other webpage..like it will pop again when iL submit this reply :annoyed:

9. vini

vini Repeat Offender

10. Ankitad

Ankitad New Member

no, u don't need this, this is just the debugger, it won't wrk if u don't hv the wininet file, u can do 1 thing, ask your bro to check if he hasn't disabled or blocked messenger using anti-virus..... if thts fine then i think u should, kust download msn and yahoo messenger again, and for windows update, u can always go to microsoft's site.
    if the problem still continues then u should just take to sum computer guy, hopefully he'll have a wininet.dll file.
    gud luk

11. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Try this

No thats not the correct file.. download the dll from the following link...

https://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?wininet

Its a zip file so u need winzip or some other zip s/w to unzip the file. What u need to do after downloading the file is extract the file to your system directory.

By default, this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me) or C:\WINNT\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP).

after putting it in the system directory you need to register the dll using regsvr32 the following way:

Press Start and select Run--->> Type cmd or command and press Enter-->> Type regsvr32 "filename".dll (in this case it will be regsvr32 wininet.dll) and press Enter...

This should typically solve the problem. Let me know if it does not. Anyway ur bro is right. This dll file gets infected by a trojan virus named "W32.destophijack". So when ur antivirus removed the virus .... it actually removed the infected dll file. Thats the reason ur system is not able to find it...

vini likes this.
  12. Ankitad

Ankitad New Member

nice yaar, where did u learn so much especially bout system??
    well u got ur answer newbie......

13. anshphenomenon

@vinni..
    the link apurbajd has given u is correct!!
    dwnld dll from there...
    good luck!!
    :beer:

14. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

lolz no more messages by newbie_vini ..looks like the complete system is gone !!
    The long term solution *is* Linux.

15. vini

vini Repeat Offender

AMAZING.... but u replied a little late i've already solved the problem.. i mean by bro has :p: he did exactly the same thing as u've suggested..reps for u man! :)

and thanx to every1..i can always count upon u guys :)

and now i'll be closing this thread

16. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@dennis - :rolllol:......man that was good!

@vini - is it fine working now?.....have u given my regards to ur bro?.....have u closed this thread soon?:grin: