Some gear clips from your old fat fiend..

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Shreddy, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Yep.....muahahahah...aka urs...lol..you can thank me for sending him to you later lol...i just want to go play it...man i miss that distortion

2. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

hahahah!! ill thank you now my good man! selling off that processor was the final BIG step towards my tube amp :) :)

oh and do check out the Hendrix, ACDC and Comfortably numb patches i made. i used just those three in numerous live occassions ranging from pubs with barely 15 people to hugeass OATs with 15000. love them :)

3. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

DUDE I NEED A CONFIRMATION WITHIN 3 DAYS! He is thinking of getting the LX35. If you sell it, he will buy it off your hands at once. Of course after the review. I have never seen it, nor found it on laney website.

4. Shreddy

@raj : yeah b2t was bragging about those patches ...i have exams this whole week(started sat) so ill check it out this sunday :p

@yazi : How much dough is your bro willing to put towards it because there's nothing wrong... XD No damages...nuffin....only thing is the footswitch has loads of laney stickers on it :p

Gotta study shit loads today so ill record the video tonite and try upload it before i sleep

5. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

10K? +transportation

6. Shreddy

Ill let u know by tonight

7. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Saw this now...i was there seeing you guys live (did'nt know it was you). I played too (dont worry i got flamed more than you guys)...yu were ok for kids...drummer ws good. Sound sucked for me..you should take your time on stage and screw around with the amps and the levels till you get the sound perfect man..i remember the levels were way off...bass seemed louder than the lead...

8. Shreddy

Yeah thanks :p Which band did you play for? If it was
    1.SKnow
    2.Eveda Chechi

Im realy sorry for making fun of you. I really am.

If not...

I hate SKNOW but i liked Eveda Chechi's tone and they were all round amazing....

Ok :

1.Our 'bass guitarist' had never touched a bass till that day. We borrowed it from the illuminati guy....So he was stoked playing on stage lol.

2.Yeah i saw the vids and all i could hear was the bass. Pretty disgusting. Although the main reason it sucked was because of me. I, being so dumb as i am did'nt expect a tonal diff between my laney at home and that marshall there so i went there like a jolly **** and plugged the zoom into the marshall and it was disgusting!!! And i tried asking the sound guy to give me more volume and he said NO lol. Anyway ill never trust the sound guy again.
    FYI: How do you set patches for on stage when ur on there just for a little while?

As for starting early this was our first show and everyone was pissing scared so the 'vocalist' hurried me into starting soon and we started lol. Descension was a big time screw up but our song went well but cant be heard...

@yazi: Not selling the laney bro .... It's just too good to sell sorry. You should try source one out for your bro. It's definately worth it.

9. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

I think he plays for Zap.

And the sound sucked at Sunday Jam. I cannot believe how much the sound sucked.

You know next time take your amp there and ask them to mic it.

10. Shreddy

It will seem to snob-ish....i wanted to do it at first but we're just beginners...

11. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Snobbish? WTF
    It is logical since you don't have a Marshall amp. Wouldn't you rather sound good than "seem snob-ish"?
    Otherwise take longer with the sound check.

12. sridhar11_2

Dont worry i was'nt part of those bands...Zap is my band.
    The settings on the amps are the biggest factor for the sound. Just turn all knobs to 12 o clock and go from there....thats what i usually do unless there's a time crunch. Luckily for me the amp settings were spot on from the start (thats why i played cliffs of dover to check) so did'nt need to screw around much...analog pedals help a lot though.
    Its best if you like keep a standard song which is like the tone you wanna achieve on stage...mine's the cliffs of dover tone. If you play that song and everything seems right only thing you gotta be worried about is the levels.

Another tip...if you're using digital pedals first see what it sounds through our comp instead of some amp...every amp reacts differently...marshalls are crunchier so gotta give more bass than usual. You can find the basic tone and go from there...

13. sridhar11_2

Guess i'm famous;)

14. Shreddy

Covered U2?

@thunereded (sp)
    First of all i suck at playing guitar and then if i take an amp on stage and act big ....lol....ill get flamed worse than i already did which was pretty bad

15. Shreddy

Sriddhar u covered U2 right?

16. sridhar11_2

Not my idea but yes...i still hav'nt heard the song i played on stage yet. I think its supposed to be a bit different...

17. Shreddy

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you played U2 with the chick!?!??!?! **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

btw: Our vocalist/guitarist thinks ur bloooody awesome and so do i. Dude you owned edge...u got his exact same tone. SHIT that was you...wow...i admire your tone and playing dude! im a huge fan of U2 i tradded all my metallica albums away for U2 ones lol. Sweet control over the efftcts!! Wow

18. sridhar11_2

I did'nt think it sounded exactly like it but its not that hard to do....just got lucky with the delay pedal...Echohead's a bit underrated i feel..

19. Shreddy

But it was amazing...sadly i left after your second song...or somewhere in the middle of it :( awesome dude seriously...

20. sridhar11_2

Thanks a lot...i have all of them on video. I'm still struggling with youtube.