1. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

Well guys....am a beginner with guitars and just bought an electric one.....
    can someone list some solos which would be a bit easy to play???
    with tabs and if possible a recording...

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Okay. See what you've done. You've made me sing early in the morning :eek:: . My voice is bad enough when its normal...early mornings are exceptionally cacophonous.

I'll try to post as many "easy" solos as possible with recordings.

Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton.

A wonderful song. To be able to play it, you have to be sitting in a dark room with a glass of whisky and nothing but a memory. I didn't do this hence I played a crappy version of the intro....but here goes:

The chords are G D C D.

The bracketed number indicates a bend. Bend the 10th fret to the 12th and back. The h indicates a hammer on. If you have problems understanding this, feel free to ask any questions you want to.

Check the recording. It's not a great recording but whatever...

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

okay...this is where I sing. I'm not liable for permanent ear-drum damage though.

That Thing You Do by The Wonders.

The tab can be found on this forum titled "Dedicated to the guy I love" or something like that. Look it up.

Here's the recording:

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Last for today...I promise :D

Run to you by Bryan Adams

Code:
    ----------------------------------------
    ------0-----0----------0------0-------
    ----2-----2--2------2------4---4-----
    --0-----0------0--3------5-------5---
    There are two recordings. The first is the original one. The other is just for interests sake. I took up a challenge with a friend to make a different version of run to you using not a SINGLE chord from the original song....the second was a one-shot recording with me and a friend on vocals. It's a nice version I think though it hasn't been played perfectly.

Run is the original recording and runtoyou is the one done as a challenge.

here is my version: https://www.geocities.com/apurv_macho/runtoyou.mp3

and the original which is what you should play:

5. Gurs

Gurs New Member

Hey man!

Im sorry, I cant give you recordings of the songs, but here are some really kool and simple solos:

(The first solo I learned:)
    Im Down - Aerosmith, from the permanent vacation album... but this isnt the easiest!

You should learn the first two solos from that song that EVERYONE knows: Sweet child o' mine (Guns n' roses - like you didn't know!). The main solo is fairly straightforward, until halfway thru... This is a really kool one to learn coz everyone knows it!

erm... Keyleigh by Marillion (There are two versions of this... do the easy one 1st.. you will know which one this is!)

Funeral of Hearts - HIM

Smells like teen spirit - Nirvana

once you get the songs, just go to www.olga.net for the tab

Hope this helps!
    Gurs

6. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

thanks... am tryin them

7. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Superb recording man,..... hats off,.. one again.

Now,.. temme,... have u played the chords and the tabs at one go only or recorded them seperately?

BTW,.... its sounds amazing on my acoustic tooo :)

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Seperately. I used Audacity to record the song...I usually play it better. My bends here are rather weak....not enough power and control.

This is a lovely song...it's clean so it sounds nice on acoustic. Actually all the solos I posted sound nice on acoustic. If it's not clean, I usually just make an unplugged version of it :)