SOLOS...which one

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by axlrose250, Apr 12, 2005.

1. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

well i can play chords pretty well, but i wanna learn how 2 play solo and lead aswell....so i was wondering if any1 could give a solo tat i shuld start of with.
    thanks
    :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

2. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

stairway to heaven

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

knocking on heavens door - that a relatively easy one....

else just paly the vocal lines of songs as a solo and get used to playing solos like that..

4. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

lennykravitz...california.......nice sound to it..and too easy
    main riff from top gun anthem...again easy

5. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

i love lead solos.i play these:: ::

>> another brick in the wall 2 solo
    >> knocking on heaven's door both solos
    >> november rain solos
    >> compfortably numb solos
    >> fear of the dark solos
    >> man who sold da world solo
    >> nothing else matters solos
    >> sanitarium intro + solo
    >> hotel california solo
    >> stairway to heaven solo
    >> fools in da rain solo
    there are a couple more which i m not able to recollect.

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^^..princess, u are supposed to gice suggestions, not flaunt ur soloing abilitites.

Id suggest Nothing Else Matters..very easy to get.

7. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Hmm.. the Zombie solo...

8. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@dennis..i agree.......
    hmm.most kravitz solos are easy...again....is one easy one........
    the solo from smells like.....
    the two interludes in Sweet child.....
    the intro riff of paradise city and that one lick which keeps croppin up.......played ata 12th fret
    that thing u do.....almost too easy
    intro to estranged...
    the man who sold the world..its bascially the Gmaj scale...correct me if am wrong....
    oasis-stand by me....
    Knocking on heavens door...live version....1st solo...from the 87-93 live era...the live in tokyo thing is fückin difficult.....
    always with me always with u...the main riff ..pretty easy.........
    for the love of god..
    try these...

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@sayaka.........how....is STH an easy one...at least the TSRTS version isnt...by any means,,,,the damned thing goes over 100 bars.....how the fück can it be easy.......:p:

10. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Stairway To Heaven is by no means an easy solo if you want to play it right and also make it sound good. I dont think it's easy for a beginner to play that first repeating patterns which has a bend, release, pull off and a note played as groups of fours.
    For beginning you can even give a shot at Someday by Michael Learns To Rock. I dont play the song but I have heard beginners learn it. It's pretty easy to get started.
    More than solos, I suggest you learn say 25 licks and play them well which includes techniques like string bending, vibrato, bend and vibrato, hammer ons, pull offs. Also play scales and do some variations. By the time you are comfortable with these licks, you will have an easy hand at the solos. All solos are made of licks. So when you are good with the licks, you will be good with the solo as well.
    Take it slow if you want to play well, else you can even pick up a Satriani or Malmsteen and screw it the way you want to.

11. stoned_survival

stoned_survival New Member

abs rt ronnie ---stairway... aint easy at all ---i left my chords way behind ---but i havent started with soloing as yet ---i practice my scales --all positions and i practice various licks ---try practicing more b4 u enter soloing

12. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

its the same thing ronnie...practise licks..practise solos....u said it urself..solos are usually a bunch of licks. :)

13. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Easy solo??? The Man Who Sold The World....

14. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

even 2 steps behind is a easy solo.

15. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

before you start to play any song leads or solos , which most of the time with practise and timing you get it easily ..

i would suggest you pick up few finger exercises and keep on practising you speed and timing ...

once you can run any scales on the frets , to play any solo or lead of any song would be much easier .,...

16. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Learn Black Sabbath stuff...nice to begin with.

17. shak

shak Harrr!

^ true .....

18. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Black Sabbath can get pretty tough too. Check out the solo to War Pigs. You might have your own version of that solo. There are some parts of it which is really wild. At one point of time, it was even considered impossible to play it as it was played and it was even believed that Tony Iommi had recorded it slow in a less pitch and then played it back for recording at full speed. I am talking about the original studio version.