so whaever happened to the soccer debate??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Gn'rlies, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

hey .... we kinda lost that thread in the middle of a great season ... now that we got a striek force of ruud , rooney , saha and smith .... i think i like the odds of MANU kicking some serious butt a lot ...esp with ronaldo n giggs providing some serious air time to the ball ... n more n more ... this kid ronaldo looks like he's getting better all the time ...

Neeone wanna bet on the champions this season ???

N how bout the champ league ... what a thrashing that stupid club got from the masters..... 6-2 is painful to watch ... :)

real madrid sucking more n more each day ... arsenal stumbling on their champs league outings again (so bad that supossedly team mates getting into fist fights ) ....

Like i said .. i really fancy our chances

whos willing to write off the red devils now ??? (i'm sooooo sure jayanth would step in here ...) :rule:

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

2. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

well dude the debate was abt Ruud and not ManU..infact i even said that i like giggs..i have nothing against ManU as such....BUT I still maintain my opinions on Ruud.....
    ya and the addition of rooney and ronaldo's ever amazing tricks do make for some compelling stuff..
    But the bottomline..Henry is still miles ahead of Ruud...a back heel thru the defenders legs for goal.....that says it all.... :nw: :nw:

3. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

4. rajscorps

rajscorps Kaput

I strongly feel we should call it football and not soccer. The whole of Europe calls it football and that's where the sport is mainly played. We Indians have always known this sport as football.

What's in the name you ask?

Everything.

Raj

5. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

I feel the same way Raj.. Soccer sounds like Sucker..

So whatever happened to Wannbe Champs MAN U???? Ha??

Ronaldo is a dot... Check out REYES... Hes the man to watch out.. Out of no where.. THis season my fav Was Obviously the Quadro of Henry - Reyes - Pires and BErgkamp.. Just keep an eye on them.. YOu ruud and rooney are absolutely useless..

6. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

when was the last time henry scored three goals in one match in europe?? Lets face it ... rosenberg wasnt the best of opponents .. n still arsenal faltered .... They just dont have a european pedigree ... They simply play one style of football , they're not flexible enuf , they're top heavy , n they suck againt any club with any european experience .. cuz thats a completely different level of football n arsenal just arent good enuf ...

7. jayanth

Compare Man U to other teams then.. LOL..

Arsenal will take time getting used to UEFA agreed.. But who cares.. THey still kick some serious (WRONG PLACES) in EPL>> if you reall wanna talk about the UEFA, i Support Juventus and Real Madrid.. And Bayern Munich to some extent..

8. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

AC milan ... theyre the real deal in UEFA .... real madrid need to sort themselves out .... they've become too big n gaudy . Lets get some football outta them now . Juve are my sentimental favourites because of del piero (was heartbroken last to last time becuz they were up against AC milan in the final .. n i had no idea where my loyalty lay )

Manu can definitely be named in this elite company , arsenal cannot ... thats the simple point im making . N we all know thats the stage a club is really tested . Who gives a (@#$%) on what arsenal do to norwich or some other crappy club .... europe is where the action is . ... n arsenal just dont cut it ...

:)

9. jayanth

RM need some time.. Del Piero is really good..

Yet again Arsenal are not looking at the Uefa at the moment.. You got to do stuff slowly.. Just because you have a good team you cant go around an try everything.. They want to be the best in the Smaller league first eventually they wil make it big..

Unlike Man U who are really trying to gain that last spot everywhere..

10. gautam_njoy

gautam_njoy New Member

donno wat real madrid is gettin on these days.. with such top paid players they ought to do a better job, if not a top job..
    But they r getting screwed royally everytime they play the better teams..
    Arsenel well... i really appreciate the team... thier way of coordination is awesome...
    And with likes of Henry and pires and bergkamp... woops they really look damn gr8..
    Manchester united with the loss of owen look a bit saddled and now Ruud's absence makes it more dull a team..
    The team rit now that i m supporting is arsenel...

11. rajscorps

rajscorps Kaput

Owen played for Liverpool, not Man Utd.

Raj

12. jayanth

What gautham meant was When Manu offered Owen and he didnt take it..

13. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

wow ..... dint know that .... owen was good for three matches , his international debut where he scored an amazing solo goal against argentina and then two other games ... havent seen him very sharp since then .... he's slightly overrated according to me ... schevchenko , ruud , henry , ronaldo , vieri , inzhaghi , raul and many others seem to be beter than him . DUnno whats the big deal .. i wudnt want him at old trafford at all ... id take steven gerrard from liverpool anyday if i had the option as against owen . good midfielders seem to be disappearing from world football , same old names pop up again and again ... strikers are a dime a dozen dont you guys think so ?

14. jayanth

Owen kind of Sucks.. Roberto Carlos, Figo , Pires, Vierra, Bergkamp all are amazing Midfielders.. WHo said they disappeared??

15. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

first carlos is a left back .... next ... thats what i said .... when we talk about midfielders we get the same names we've been hearing for a decade .... wheres the new talent ???

N i would definitely add atleast rui costa in that list of yours . he's a great midfielder n so is totti .

16. jayanth

I would add rui costa too.. Totti is ok not that good..

17. gautam_njoy

gautam_njoy New Member

i agree with Gnrlies... the same names come up all the time...
    But then theres no scope for new talent coz these ppl r really the buzz at the moment..
    U juz have no chance excluding these talents.. .
    Juz yest in a match of barcelona.. i hope u ppl saw it.. the goal frm deco was amazing .. i mean these ppl alwaz r the apple in the eye of the game and u juz have no space right now for new talents.. until and unless the new talent has to over shadow these players.. BUt then beckham's recent int the news for all the bad reasons.. he aint doin much and even the team not beniffiting frm it..
    BUt then arsenal r juz not laying themselves down.. gosh they juz cnat b defeated.. wat a team.. For the time being Henry rules man!! Wat say ppl

18. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Hey...deco and Ronaldo certainly qualify as new talents...I mean its hardly been an year or two since they became famous...add Ronaldinhio,Kaka,arjen robben,...etc to that list..these guys have come up in the last 2 years...so there is new talent........
    Yeah and Henry is the King!!Arsenal's play these days??? :nw: :nw: