So I'm thinking of starting a transcriptions site...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by ultrabot90, Sep 25, 2010.

1. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

...as I've stated once before, randomly.

---

About the thing -
    It's going to be a roughly one transcription a week. Maybe more if my speed improves and/or I get more time.

I can transcribe whatever anyone would like, any genre, any country, any language, lyrics or instrumental, it's all good.

I can also do arrangements for particular instrumentations, and 'easy version' arrangements (maybe).

If and when there are no requests I'll put up stuff of my own random choice.

Stuff will be available in PDF scans of my handwritten stuff, and Guitar Pro and/or MuseScore and/or MusicXML format (whichever proves more popular for people). Other formats on request.

---

Anyway, I'd like to know -
    -Does anyone have anything you'd like to chime in on? Suggestions, hints, constructive questions, warnings, etc?
    -Whether or not there'll be any legal problems involved in transcribing commercial works? This can and will probably also include lyrics in the scores.
    -How can I stop others from passing off my work as their own?

Thanks, let's get it off the ground :beer:

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

As long as you put up a disclaimer stating that it is for academic purposes and represents your interpretation of the music etc. etc. like a standard tab I think you should be okay.

3. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Thanks thehundredthone! That definitely helped, I'll do that. ^^