so...ghosts?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by bjr, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

^^ghost hunters is pretty good. but i dont know if you get it there.

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I was wondering if anyone knew any good books to read...scary books I mean and not the ones where the disembodied hand strangles a chicken.

3. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

try Imajica by Clive Barker... It's not scary, in the true sense, but leaves a lot to your imagination.

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Read King. Each book blew me away.

5. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

^^ are you kidding. hes stupid IMO. lol. psych.

6. thehundredthone

My judgement is clouded because you said something about my favourite author. Explain yourself.

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I've seen these two near sects....one worshipping King and the other totally taking him down.

8. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

lol! considering the fact that I've never read a book of his, I'm now glad to stay away. But I've seen a couple of stephen king movies... not particualrly impressive but I always figured it was a classic case of don't judge the book by the movie they made out of it.

9. thehundredthone

It's probably a matter of preference I guess. But I first read Cujo in 8th standard and it scared me. I had read only bits of Pet Sematary before that.

10. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@eightytwo: my mom and i wasted five fuckin hours watching rose red.. and it was so bullshi[/i]t[/i]. i dont know what it was that just kept us there glued to the tube, maybe it was the thought of just doing more work otherwise.. but it was just nonsense. im sorry s.king, if you reading this. but you truly are a psycho. :insane:

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I was flicking through the TV yesterday and found some ghost hunt on Aaj Tak. Amusement.

12. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

^Lol. I saw that.
    Aaj Tak has finally decided to lock horns with India TV.

13. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

I'll choose Dean Koontz over Stephen King anyday :grin:

I personally don't believe in ghosts, although I keep encountering ghost-like things in my dreams since my childhood.

14. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

so they still play that Ramsay brothers horror serials on TV? I remember it used to be aired on Zee TV... I used to get scared back then... would love to watch it for amusement now...

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ And I used to wathc it for scantily clad femmes in jacuzzis or bathing tubs getting ready to be scared by some spectre

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

ah, classic horror.

So does anybody know of a good scary movie? I thought the Others was pretty good.

17. Morbid_Angel

Shutter, Grudge 2, Nightmare on Elm Street ..:)

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I mean scary and not gory though. Would these still be reccomendations?

19. Morbid_Angel

The only really gory and morbid ones are the Saw series.

These lean more toward scary than gory. Nightmare on elm street is my old favorite :p..and it's scary.

20. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

the eye...its scary
    the saw series..is gay, unless you up for it some real nasty gore.
    dead silence...i havent seen it. but it looks scary