Smashing Guitars

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by DrSaurabh, Aug 10, 2004.

1. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

haha i can imagine the irony of it all. bobby sends out the guitar to someone who smashes it up and posts the picture on igt :p

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

well said rabi , talking abt smashing , i guess i am was one got all smashed up and down in this thread so had no choice other than changing my thoughts and pulling myslf back ..... hehe

3. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

Its all about respecting things, u love..

I was a cricketer in my school and played quite a lot

Each and everyday,before entering the ground, i used to touch it. ...similar to touching someone's feet...
    At that time ..i didn't say any prayer or something like ..let me make a century today..but it was like...i respect the game..am learing a lot of things everyday playing on u...u owe my respect...thats it...

Smashing a guitar is something i wont do even in my wildest of dreams...

Its probably one of the craziest thing i have ever seen...

4. rabi_sultan

to be honest i dont see most people in their right mind ever destroying a guitar, especially a good guitar. normally when its done its a very poorly constructed guitar like what cobain did and also its a thing that takes place in the moment when the adrenaline is so high and the person is so happy they dont know how to let it out. thats the truth, im not defending the people that do it, i dont agree with it but i can understand why they do it.

5. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i am truely amazed looking at the love towards guitar by various ppl in various post , keep it up guys , truely igt rules maen .....

6. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Any true guitarist would never do anything like that... Its ok to play with your guitar and do tricks which may seem dangerous as long as you are sure you can do it without causing any harm to it.

7. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Ha ha.. mars.. I used to do that too..

8. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@rabi....strats do have curves...good ones too....but am a hardcore LP fanatic..and u will rarely hear me talkin abt anything but an LP....apologise for offending u.. :p ...mebbe an adamas... or at times an explorer...but thats it....all i can say...strats are still the face of electric guitars everywhere..people think electrics ...they think of strats...without knowing that its called a strat...but whatever.the strat is sposed to have revolutionised the electric guit movement

9. jayanth

But the fatc remains that A Strats looks are Bad..

10. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

awright...:rock::rock::rock::)

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

LPs Rock...

12. jayanth

YOu and i are the LP fanclub here ..Saurabh..

13. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

thats it...no body else likes LPs:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

14. jayanth

No i was talking momentarily..

15. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i used to love strats earlier....now the strat is my concubine....

16. jayanth

I love Jackson guitars..

17. rabi_sultan

(no offence taken) well i'll take the both of you on :p Strats are the greatest!

kidding asides it was the telecaster and the stratocaster that did start the electrical guitar movement but way back in the 50s, hence why they are as you call it the face of rock music because thats how old they are, if the LPs had been there instead of the strats then you would have had the LPs as the face of the electric guitar and not the strat. but then you'd be lovin the strat ;)

I love this thread hijacking, my thanks everyone thread started into the hunt for Jay's girlfriend thread, and this thread about smashing guitars is turning into a strat debate :D

Also I can understand on the looks department but personally i hate a loud guitar and also i always go for the sound, for me the Fender Strat has the sound I want, its not poor taste or better taste its my taste (so yeah it IS a better taste :p). Never really liked the LPs but since your a LP fanatic what would you say is the equivalent to the Fender USA Standard Strat (as in price range) for the Gibson LPs ?

jayanth likes this.
  18. jayanth

Whatever Dude, They look damn Bad.. chekout warlocks and Kellys..

19. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo....warlocks are sexy.......so is a kelly......like the V too....

20. jayanth

I like the Jackson V more than the gibson one..