Sleep my child

Discussion in 'Poetry and Lyrics Forum' started by d_ist_urb_ed, Feb 28, 2006.

1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

@shsnawada, you're my compatriot bro, my homie, my dawg if my philly speak serves me correctly, thanks dude :grin:
    @Petunia, harpurrrrrrr, you liked it, i'm so happy :grin:

2. d_ist_urb_ed

Taking a break from poetry while i educate myself about various themes and styles, will be back soon :grin: hopefully with a more professional ability to write.....

3. vini

vini Repeat Offender

Ofcourse not! :aggre:

Grunge shouldnt be bad according to u kids ;)

what made u feel that btw? :think:

4. d_ist_urb_ed

Grunge falls into the same category as Nirvana....'nuff said...

5. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

:shock: :shock: ...you made me see that whole thing...
    b-e-a-utifully put forward...its really dark alright, but beautiful...

6. d_ist_urb_ed

^Was waiting for your feedback bro :grin: Thank you, glad you liked it.

7. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Just the kind of poem i wanted to read while getting back to reading poems here on IGT... I absolutely loved the theme and I love the way you dealt with it. Looked perfect to me!

Great job!

8. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

OOHH LORD! Is this what that Harpur deal was about!??? Man..its about time i changed that :)

9. d_ist_urb_ed

And this is EXACTLY the kind of feedback that i wanted to hear getting back from a moronic day at university, thank you!!!!!!!! And dear god, i must be getting good, if the poetry forum leader liked it....:eek:: :grin:

@Harpurrrr, yes harpurrrr you need to change it :p:

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

*bump*

Perhaps I'm mentally exhausted right now so I couldn't really make much of it but this bump reminds me that it's there..

11. d_ist_urb_ed

^Oh of course, whenever you have time, i'll even keep bumping the thread for you :grin: Once your feedback is in, i think i can let this one rest in peace in the forum as well.

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

okay. f-ing brilliant imagery. You capture the situation amazingly well and actually make people empathize with the "speaker". Probably the best of the three I've read of yours so far.

Another especially good aspect about the poem is the wording. Your writing style really fits into the theme here....a lot better than it did in the first one I read. This is really "your forte" so to speak. Great job.

I'm not sure if it was meant to be anything beyond a literal level but if it was, I missed it totally.

13. d_ist_urb_ed

^*humbled* Thank you very much. And no, it wasnt meant to be anything beyond literal, but really comments from people have shown me that everyone interpreted it their way...each one got something different from it..the multi-dimensional perspective you were talking about, i'm glad everyone liked it......touches me.

14. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

well to be honest its too phsychedelic....and i wd like to know wat "the child" signifies here....maybe then i can understand it much better.

15. d_ist_urb_ed

^The child signifies nothing specific, everything in the poem is literal. This poem was inspired by a reading of "The Alienist" by Caleb Carr, in which the psychology of serial killers was discussed and how sometimes they murder because they think they're actually helping the victims, that was the theme, completely fictional.

16. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

ahaaaa

Oh My God!!!

dnt kill me plzzzz...nyway now i get it.....nice job must say.

17. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

^^wht the hell was that???? :shock:

18. d_ist_urb_ed

Um, thank you.

@Petunia, i always keep searching for that answer, always looking...

19. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

^^um wht was that in regrd to..the email or the previous pm..
    cos either question-it makes perfect sense LOL

20. d_ist_urb_ed

^Both :grin:
    And here i am shamelessly *bump* ing my threads.........can i get a few more comments please?