Should india back away from the natural gas pipeline project, involving iran

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jamhead, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

the natural gas pipeline project, involving iran, just because usa has a problem with iran?

if usa has a problem wth them, they can stop their love affair with the iranians.

we dont have a problem with them plus we need the energy. so why should be back off?

as an aside, what do you think of iranians as a people, pipeline or no pipeline ?

2. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

i think india pakistan should join join hands to f.uck US together. its such a fickle country changes colours everyday.

p.s. dont intend to hurt nris.. lol

3. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

just how long have you been living in wonderland?

do you even realise where the biggest mistake in your reasoning lies?

btw i'd asked whether we should go ahead with the pipeline and what is the posters opinion about iran/iranians

4. Acoustic_Allure

Acoustic_Allure New Member

I feel India as a country has a right to make its own decision independent of any other country...my vote is yes!!! for sure!!!

5. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

point taken... do you think usa will try to stop us by imposing sanctions ?
    do you think they will arm twist pakistan to back out of the pipeline (pakistan used to support the taliban. now the same pakistan has been arm twisted to jon usa in the hunt for the 9/11 criminals. do you think a repeat of that will happen regarding the pipeline?)

6. aysh

:confused: hey what wrong did i say ?

7. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

you tell me.

8. aysh

oh rest the case . peace out

9. Acoustic_Allure

If India is arm twisted to change the decision..then India is going back to days when the british used to influence our decisions and made the most out it!
    Though i am in Britain, I know the difference between Intelligent,Intellectuals and scapegoats!
    We are a strong nation...our need is our need and let no one influence the solution to our problem.
    I am not a chauvinist, but the answer would be same had I any other nationality!
    Cheers!
    :mad:

10. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

true what you said.

thing is we may stand to lose a lot more in other ways in comparism to what we may gain by way of natural gas from iran.

if i could make this decision.....if i made decisions on behalf of our ministry of external affairs..... i would have first asked usa to give a guarrantee that they will not pass on the nuclear technology that they are offering india in return of the gas pipe to india's neighbouring countries.... then i'd offer iran such a low price for their natural gas, that iran would back out on its own and it would not seem that usa forced us out. that way we could get the nuclear know how, without having to do our own research. after all the nuclear energy is the energy of the future... meanwhile iran's gas reserves will end sooner or later.. besides we can get the best of both worlds.... get natural gas from russia or ajerbyzan, both of which share the same reserves with iran.... and also get hold of technology that would help us to become like france (which produces 20% of its electricity requirements through nuclear power statons).

11. Acoustic_Allure

But why does USA have to be in the picture! Are we not an independent "country" with proper established governing body to make decisions?
    Why do States want a share of pie from each and everyone! Self proclaimed leaders..........!!! Bull****!!! Sorry for the foul word..but thats the least than can explain my feeling!

Cheers!
    :cen:

12. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

usa comes in the picture 'cos they like to meddle in other's affairs.

and i share your dislike for that.

the thing is thats not always a nice way to think and act.

the smarter countries always make the best out of every situation.

usa wants us to stop ? fine we stop... but simultaneously ensure that we take from usa a lot more than what we lose by not signing the pact with iran.

also we can always put the ball in iran's court by offering them a ridiculous price - which will make iran back out of the deal.

and then we can take the oil from neighbouring russia or azerbyjan, both of whom share the field with iran.

13. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

this is indianguitartabs.com. I suggest people should refrain from posting to jamhead's threads. he is just trying to flame everyone for the sake of sensationalism, by choosing controversial socio-political topics which have nothing to do with music or guitaring. jamhead go find a political forum dude.

14. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

so who started the "was usa right in barring modi" thread ?

you got P.S.E.U.D.O. written all over you.

15. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i invite people to read all my posts and thread, and figure out how much chitchat i do, and how much music, and what percentage of chitchat is political stuff.
    and i ask people to the same with u.

16. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

:war:

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

P.S. i use a lot of smileys :p:

17. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

if i could play the guitar or any other instrument then i'd post technical stuff too.

in any case there's no rule that says that you got to do so many lines of "music talk" for every line of "chit chat" you do.

you just want to see me out of here. cos i nailed you over many threads. :p:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.