Should i go for ME-50 or PODxt?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by getshorty80, Nov 3, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

2. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

SO u say i cant use my comp speakers as an amp?(guitar->effects->line in computer->speakers) this is what i am doing now.If thats the case as i said before i am travelling frequently so wont be able to move my amps always and i dont want to invest too much so please let me know abt this other wise i will go for the PODxt(not xt live) where i can connect it to the speakers.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

No.
    Just that it won't sound the same as it would via Guitar Amp.

You may or may not like the tone via Comp + speakers :)

Actually since mobility is the key issue, the best option will be a POD sorta processor.

4. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hey alpha understood. but just wanted to know will it still sound good(not the original but at least 70% good) cause some time later i would stop travelling and would buy a good amp but till then if i get these pedals and connect just wanted to know if i would get a decent tone(better then what i have-ZOOM-505II) if so then dont you think it would be a better choice to get pedals.

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

this is irrelevant to the topic: i was also gonna get a pedal rack but then when i added up the costs : Good Pedal rack + Cables + Power supply + Pedals + Tuner ........it doesnt seem worth it for me....you can get a more or less good tone with a processor too......anyway pedals own processors :p so dont think twice....and where are u getting the pedals from by the way?

6. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I primarily use comp speakers for my guitar. For clean sounds i prefer the comp speakers (actually my cordless headphones are heaven for clean tones). If you get a Digitech pedal it has a mixer out that you can use for comp speakers...its great. Also marshall echohead gives a nice tone when its on so sometimes i use it just as a tone boost. If you're getting induvidual stomps i suggest a digitech one so that you can use comp speakers. Just make sure that this pedal is at the end of the pedal chain...only add delay or reverb after the pedal.
    Ideally i'd like an amp but its more cost effective plus very good for recording using the comp. Until i get a good tube amp or anything decent i'm sticking with comp speakers for the time being.

7. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

@laney yeh dude i know its cost effective to go for a for a processor but do u see this i dont use a lot of tones as well as i will soon settle for an amp(spider II si at my range).so when i go for that the pedals are much better. so right now i am getting me a delay,dist and an overdrive.the rest i will add it up later.and the pedals are all going to be bought in the UK. most probably.

@sridhar yes dude will look at digitech too when i am off shopping. this is not happening right away it will be atleast jan then i will go shopping.thanks dude

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey, didn't I mention that Tech21 makes sansamp?
    You can plug those godamn tings anywhere, and still get convincing "t00b-amp" tones.

9. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

oh yeh alpha i am definatly checking the tech 21 when i am shopping ok. thanks a lot i will have look.