Should I Buy GB& A Electric guitar.

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Atom Bomb, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Atom Bomb

Atom Bomb New Member

Hey guys I am a beginner, looking to buy my first electric.
    Someone's offering me a 2nd hand GB&A electric for Rs.9000/- . It is almost unused . He says He Bought it for 18500/-. 24 frets, 1 humbucker and 2 single coil pick-ups.
    Stuff I'll be playing- Metallica, pink floyd, joe satch.

Couldn't find much info about GB&A on net. Please help me

2. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hmm dont know a lot abt GB&A so comments there. but if 9k is ur budge u can look at a new squire strat as well instead of going for a seconds.Check with others who own GB&A guitars all the best.

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

well my friend thats a lie. GB&As (Jackson Copies With a HSS Config) cost my friend less than 12,000 from an expensive shop. So dont take that trade. With 9,000 you can get a Squire.Or if your looking for a Slammer Pacer ive got one for 9,000. But im not sure if i want to sell it. I have no reason. Other than wanting money.

If you are interestedd ill post a few pics.

Cheers,
    Laney

4. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

No way a new GB&A will cost 18000!!! what rip off. GB&A guitars are nice and decent.. and EXCEELNT value for money...but he is lying about it costing 18000, brand new.. Also the Floyd on that guitar is not worth it.

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Dude....A New GB&a costs about 9000 to 12000. Your friend is not ripping you...he's going beyond into the territory of ra.ping you....

6. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

haha....yea....hes probably quoting the price he paid for it (9000)

7. yazi

yazi Banned

Bro, laney u want money? How much?

8. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

id like 10,000 in cash please...lol...huh?

9. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

I have a GB&A electric..its a strat. double humbucker nd one single coil.
    cost me 6800 /- in november 05.

the guys lying.

10. Atom Bomb

Atom Bomb New Member

Thanks for the suggestion guys. Now I think I won't be buying that guitar.
    Could you advice me what would be the best guitar+amp+Effects that a beginner should buy ?
    Will be playng a lot of satch.
    Budget 25-30,000.
    Planning to buy from delhi.

11. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

you can buy squire stagemaster worth about 17000 and marshall 15 watt amp... it should cost you 5000... nd for the remaining amount you can buy a decent proccessor

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

get a Ibanez RG321 MH - 18k
    get a nice 20w amp - 5-6k
    get a small processor with a wah

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

14. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

You could settle for a Squire or LTD, but you never know when you'll want something that plays better, all the same you may find those guitars much more comfortable. Try before you buy, from somewhere, anywhere.

If you've got experience with a floating bridge then go in for a floating bridged guitar.

Nuno Bettencourt N2 at bajaao is 19,900.
    LX20R is 4,600.

If you're a n00b and don't want to bother with a floating bridge (which you will need to play Satch) then the Ibanez RG321MH is a good choice. Don't buy a guitar w/ a floating bridge for less than 15,000 - they generally will not be what you want (for an investment that big).

15. Atom Bomb

Atom Bomb New Member

Thanks for your valued opinion guys.