Shine on you crazy sOid - My tribute to Syd Barrett

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by geniusoid, May 27, 2007.

1. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

sixstringsin likes this.
  2. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Hey genius, this is a very good job man, my compliments, very good guitarplaying man!!!

3. geniusoid

thanks mate.....the 1st feedback i got was frm my gurl who is a Floyd fan too.... She says "Its very edgy, repetitive and very depressing for some reason" :lol:

Thanks for the compensating review :grin:

4. stranger_in_ny

stranger_in_ny New Member

I will go with your gal :) repetitive and more like scale'ing types with those trills and typical riffs. Not sure about the depressing part.
    Could have cut down on od/ds a bit.

Having said that - you rock! nice recording dude. Keep it up!

cheers

5. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

That was pretty good....i suppose i could complain and say that the playing was a bit sloppy but that would be me trying to find faults. Otherwise it was pretty decent...sounded a bit like santana at some parts..

6. geniusoid

thanx stranger dude....

and sridhar u`re right...its totally fcuked up sloppy :grin: I actually had Jimmy Page on my mind (ppl are gonna kill me for sayin this), and i was rockin and pretending to be high totally while playing this and mom kept starin with a "wtf is wrong with this bloke" look all the time :grin:

Santana i havent heard much of actually....but my inspiration a bit for this one was Warren Mendonca's Blue for Gary.....so i made Blues for Syd [:d]

7. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

very very impressive!

8. max_payne16

max_payne16 New Member

freakk.....nice patch.....good guitaring
    floyd rocks!!

9. geniusoid

Thnx Payne...i`m using a Digitech RP50....can share settings if u want