share ur experiences here!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by rasika, Apr 17, 2006.

1. rasika

rasika New Member

hi all,
    Yesterday I was practicing on my guitar. I felt like the sound is not neat so, I tried to tune my guitar which i totally didnt know how to do. I tunned 2 strings correctly, so i was excited. & I ended up breaking the B string... I felt horrible!!!
    I wonder if u too wanna share such kinda experiences which will make me feel better!!!

2. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

theres nothin to feel Horrible about...we all break strings once in a while...itys no big deal...if i am right you are new to guitar learning...if it makes you feel better then know that i cant even remember how many strings i have broken...:grin:

3. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

the third string, g....ive broken it 5 times while tuning....:mad:
    man, i used to get so scared that i stopped tuning my guitar....
    but now i can tune my guitar without breaking any string:beer:....takes a bit of time.....
    no need to feel horible.....:beer:

4. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

LOL

ears cant be trusted....i bought a guitar tuner :)

5. vini

vini Repeat Offender

ok...i did break one string but that was just once...what kinda experience should we share over here? string breaking experience?? :think:
    hehe...dont feel "horrible"..keep a spare or old set handy in such case.

the only "string breaking experience" i have..was the same i just mentioned..the string just snapped and could have hit my eye real bad..but thankfully i was bespectacled at that time :) and rest boom-bang things keep happening wid me..sumtimes my guitar topples down flat on floor and sumtimes knocks against the wall or tables..ok im still confused what kinda xp should we share here? :p:
    Anyways rasika all the best with your guitaring..have a snappy time :grin:

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I've broken guitar strings 7 times on stage.

3 of those times were when I was playing lead.

I ad-libbed.

Hurray!

7. rasika

rasika New Member

see, its makin me feel better!!

8. vishalj

vishalj Banned

You felt bad after breaking one string? I hope your girlfriend/boyfriend doesn't dump you. You'll probably commit suicide

9. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Sometimes, I actually feel happy when strings snap. (complex reasoning)

10. vishalj

vishalj Banned

I don't like strings breaking as I never have spare ones.

11. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I was trying to tune my guitar to whatever Korn uses and snap, the A string broke. I was trying to tune a friend's guitar, snap, the A string broke. I was trying to tune a guitar with Floyd Rose and snap, the A string broke. Sonuvagun, the A string and me do not go together....now i just pay $30 to get the strings changed and tuned by someone else.

12. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Woah, 30 bucks!

13. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

I've broken the G string so many times.. a couple of times I've broken the high e string also.... but i haven't been able to break the low E string... no matter how much i try doesnt happen!!! Now that makes me sad!! Heck I've even broken my tremolo but i couldnt rip off the bloody E string!!!

14. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

i broke the e and a string in barista....they didnt even notice...lol

15. sachoo

sachoo drenched in my pain again

m always in bad mood when it's untuned n then i break the string (poor petite "e", always) at my own will ..coz tht makes me mad. however wat irritates me is when guitar gets a bend n strings touches 2 frets at a time n tht makes me really sad :(

16. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Most barista guitars dont have the e string!!!

17. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

mine did....it was a signature...broke hi e and a

18. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

prolly coz of iraqita :p

19. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

I also saw one Barista without any guitar (nobody had a clue where it was).. Was that also cuz of Iraquita ???

20. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

hey i only broke one..though i wud like to break all the guitars at barsita..i dun like the barista joint dat much..but my friends luv it so hav to go there..