Selling Boss pedals

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ustdjohnny, Nov 11, 2005.

1. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

Hi all,
    I am selling a Boss Super Overdrive (OD-2), a Digital Delay (DD-3) and a Chorus (CE-2).
    They have been extensively used, and don't look pretty, but sound as good as knew.
    Expecting 6k for all three, I'll also throw in an adapter that can power all three.
    I'm only selling them because I need to buy a strat-copy (my Epiphone LP-100 is dying).
    I have used the pedals in numerous shows, and as anyone who has used a Boss stompbox knows, they never let you down. It is really breaking my heart to put my old friends up for sale. I also have a compressor sustainer, (CS-2, I think) somewhere, I need to dig it out, and that will be another 2k.

I need to sell them urgently.
    I am in Bombay and my number is 9819968622
    cheers
    Sumit

2. jekyll

jekyll Banned

too bad ... i could have thought of the super overdrive pedal ... but am in hyderbad ...

3. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

pedals

Hi, the OD2 seems to be the Turbo Overdrive, you have written Super Overdrive. Please confirm which one it is.

Also, could you tell me if the pedals are made in Japan or in Taiwan or elsewhere?

Sanjiv

4. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

The OD-2 is the Turbo Overdrive.
    The new ones are all manufactured in taiwan now a days and the japanese ones are costly so my guess is it's taiwan. Boss have stopped producing these i think but not sure

5. jekyll

jekyll Banned

well turbo overdrive?

what unusualy feature does it have?

6. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

You are right. But we do not know how old these pedals themselves are, could be made in Japan. Also, it would not be right to go by the prices to see if they are Taiwanese or Japanese. From what I hear from my relations, made in Japan used OD 2s sell for about USD 30 in the states and Canada, which is about Rs. 1350.

7. ustdjohnny

ustdjohnny New Member

They are made in Japan. And talking about comparing prices, a Squire Affinity Strat sells for $150 on musiciansfriend.com. That's 6750. In Bombay you get them for 12k :)
    I genuinely need the money, otherwise wouldn't have parted with pedals that have given me great service for 8 years.

8. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Had you told me they were 8 years old, I would have offered even less! But now that we have agreed upon a figure, and that you are in need of money, I will not change my offer.