Scientific Facts and Christian Faith:

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Priyank_Jal_fan, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

I didn't see that .. I think u edited the post .. coz see what I quoted in muh earlier post .. that line isn't there ..

anyway .. I saw a glimpse of sarcasm in yo last post .. didn't know u were serious .. thats Y didn't bother to tell .. but I'l continue this discussion morrow .. I seriously need sleep .. (Damn these Leg workouts :cry2: )

*peace* bye :)

2. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

*Looks at yo custom title* .. Ignores the post .. ;)

3. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Alright then, no problem :)

And well, u could temme what u believe in over messenger, I got no probs, jst curious!

Peace! :cool:

4. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@notty:..Some dumb ass did that..im not even bothered..its actually quite adorable if you look at the irony of it..:eek::

5. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

sayanakaharry did that :grin:

Go get him!

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

my, you're subtle at pwnage <3

7. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@crypt.. yea i no that ...that :annoyed: loser..
    @bjr..Pshtt..when the time is rite..ill get 'em..rite in the sucker..:grin:..rite now im just not bothered..

8. guitarangela

guitarangela gran'ma

you are right...god had never said anything like that...what HE said was, YOu have the opportunity to believe or not...You are not forced to believe HIM......and every religion has its own beliefs.....

well, the history of Easter is not entirely christianity related
    https://wilstar.com/holidays/easter.htm
    It is possible that some customs are adopted by different cultures...so according to this website, the bunnies became related to christianity thru a different custom.......

and that last fact wasnt necessary....cuz all religions have their own flaws...If you can have a god with an elephant's face, then hinduism makes me laugh too....and if you cannot cut your hair at all, then sikhism makes me laugh.....If men can have more than one wife, then islam makes me laugh(that too based on a very stupid reason)..

Each religion is based on some beliefs.....and none of them is COMPLETELY proved right....

still I love you, sarat:beer: :beer:

9. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Yo chica, this thread is related to christian faith, that's why i laughed at christianity in this thread. If you didnt notice i'm not affliated with any religious faith, i laugh at all of them :grin:
    [EDIT] I love you too <3 [/EDIT]

10. d_ist_urb_ed

What you talking about honey? Show me a faith which has atleast half of it's claims proved right and i'll make a beeline for it. The bible, the quran, whatever the hindu books are, any other religion's holy scriptures arent proven. Kick me in the (e)nuts if i'm wrong!

11. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

Absolutely right, none of these books have ever been proven or can ever been proven coz they are based on "faith".

I dont know if Jesus, Rama, Allah ever existed, human just need "faith" in their lives.
    Half of us have always believed what out forefather said about religion, so have they.

12. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

^ok wait, you say faith.....
    But since this is a "christianity" thread im going to pick on it:

The Bible is merely a compilation of stories, there is nothing religious about it. Its just historical narratives. Christianity appears to be one of the weakest religions..infatuated with power and authority. Infact, now there are questions being risen about the main concepts of christianity including the fact that jesus' crucifiction was infact his own idea...

If even the basic concepts are being twisted to suit daily lives and to accomodate us, as the believers, then you tell me...
    Where exactly does the faith lie here?

And another point.. You dont just believe wht your forefathers tell you!!! Is that what you do? What kind of faith do you think exists when you just parrot talk what your fathers and forefathers preach ....

13. walk_alone

If Bible is nothing but merely a compilation of stories(that i actually believe) then why do christians associate it with their religion?and similarly Geeta with Hindus.
    Why there is such a furore on da vinci code?Does church have something to hide?
    My forefathers always taught me what they were taught by their ancestors,
    be it religion, ethics or moral responsibilty.
    Its up to an individual to follow that or discard it on grounds of it being a "parrot talk".
    I am an atheist, I dnt believe in religion, god, evil. but i do belive in "faith".
    sometimes you just take that decision, that crucial step in your life on "faith".
    Its different thing whether u succeed or not.
    "Faith" need not be religious but "faith" is spiritual, "faith" is something that differs in every individual.

14. d_ist_urb_ed

^For the first time since you registered as a member, i completely, absolutely agree with you post. Cheers!

15. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

So you are contradicting yourself..in the previous post you said that the books were based on faith...and now you arent even considering them..

I need a christian here to confirm this: they (christians) "believe" in the bible because it probably provides them with affirmation and a sense of authority. Just like any other religion has sacred texts..its like a human requirement..to want to have some credibility..some proof.

And it is because of that same reason that the christian public is so upset with dan brown and his book-because he questioned what their beliefs have been for centuries. By introducing possible and credible facts and ideas, he has fritened a lot of people. Very similar to the controversies that Salman Rushdie began with Islam.

In my opinion yes: i do think the church has something to hide. And even if they dont, they are terribly fritened of the fact that if they do give in, then they obviously have no authority. Its a matter of politics..

What i dont understand is the concept of people blindly following what their ancestors practiced and believed..there is no personal faith involved..hell then it is not a matter of faith anymore..its just a matter of following something that youve been brought up doing and thinking..."just because"

To me, thats bullsht..

16. walk_alone

ohhh really...errr.... I mean do you?...LOL

Now we have smthng in common.

17. walk_alone

Thats why Iam an Atheist....I dont follow what others preach, be it my parents or any other human,
    I dnt consider these books of any importance to me or my "faith".

But I do believe that all these books are based on "faith" that I dont identify myself with.

18. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

^um ok..justified :/

19. walk_alone

by the way...little offtopic.

Tom Hanks has funniest hair style in da vinci code.

20. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.