satanism

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by distorted, Jan 15, 2009.

1. distorted

distorted satan

Made this thread to discuss satanism, a major influence on rock music.

sam#3 likes this.
  2. distorted

distorted satan

satanism- started by anton laVey. He established church of satan in 1966, of which marilyn manson is the current recruiter.

The religion started as an extension of 'individualism'. Satan is seen as a 'prideful rebel'... satan is not god fr satanists, he is just an archetype... Satanists dont believe in god.

Philosophy:
    Satanists are not made, they r born... Its just people discover themselves...

certain rules and sins have been written, but they all represent the manner in which a free mind will think, judge n act, widout being influenced by orthodox beliefs.
    Fr a satanist, he is his own god... He is the utmost power fr him, so he listens to only himself...

3. distorted

distorted satan

So, this was a brief idea on satanism...
    advent of satanism has been closely related with the advent of rock music... In fact, it ws rock music that propagated satanism... The major bands hv all been supported by satanic organisations... the persons who listen to rock are the ones who r most susceptible to be uprooted frm their religion...
    beatles, led zep, black sabbath... All were satanic....

Let us carry on the discussion guys, pour in veiws on satanism, its corelation with rock n whatsoeva...

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Are you sure about the definition though? give me a wikipedia link or something.

I used to think of myself as independent but apparently, now I'm a satanist.

5. distorted

distorted satan

'' satan is the motivating and balancing dark force in nature. Satan is also described as being the 'black flame', representing a person's own inner personality and desires. Satan is said to appear in mythology and literature around the world as trickster, rebel, hero. Satan is seen as powerful individual who acts regarrdless of what others myt say. Satanists claim to be adversaries of mainstrean behaviour which they define as ''herd conformity'', seeing it as stifling to individuality, creativity and progress. ''

extract frm sum literature frm official site of church of satan...

N even i discovered i ws quite a satanic, when i read abt it, quita lot of characters matched... But u get to read a lot abt satanism, majority of which is false n misguiding... What i believe is, being satanist is just being yourself... M more of an atheist or an atheist satanic.

6. distorted

distorted satan

7. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

m more lyk a traitor in god's camp..........or even bttr a double agent.....or my name suggests so....

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

... Whatever it is Satanism/Satanists DO believe in existence of god, even though not believing in his rules.

That existence of god is "uncool" anyway, so Satanism is also uncool.

Losers.

9. angel_of_sin

who said da existence of da lord is uncool???????

ur word doesnt count unless u r da pope or da head ulema or da chief pandit.....

10. augur

augur I love bjr

Stone Cold.

11. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

But will I be cool if

Will I, will I please?

12. unet

unet New Member

As a personal favour, could you please stop using "da"?
    It really bugs me.

Regarding Satanism, i think it's stupid concept.
    If you believe in Hell, you also believe in heaven, and with it, the existence of god. It's just a group of people who want to mock other religions, and has nothing to do with actual music besides some influence on lyricists.

13. angel_of_sin

Da 'da' is a symbol my personality...m nt lettin of da 'da'.....bear wid da 'da'.......

14. distorted

distorted satan

Satanists dont believe in any supreme power, there's no god, no devil... They dont follow any power, rather they believe in the power within...
    Its not abt being cool or uncool, its abt discovering yrself... Be yourself, dats all...
    N what all satanic bible is, it does nt preach anything, its just a guide to lead yr lyf your own way, rationally....

15. distorted

distorted satan

There's no hell, no heaven... life is all abt till u die....
    N what image u r having of satanism is absolutely wrong, its not like mocking religion... Wt u r speaking of is sumthing like inverted or misguided religionism...
    Satanism is abt free will...

N as far as rock music is concerned, satanism is definitely the major influence... When u say lyrics, doesnt it imply the whole song...
    N if sumbdy has heard abt stairway to heaven??

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Then why do you call it satanism?
    Satan = shaitan, the arch angel who decided to turn away from the "way" of god, because he was overwhelmed with his powers, and wanted to show the god down.

What you describe as satanism, is not satanism - it is individualism.

The moment you put the name anything pertaining to Satan, you are actually following Satan. Which is just like following a religion.

HENCE, uncool.

Terming the movement described by you as Satanism reeks of wannabeism.
    Give it a better name, please.

17. distorted

distorted satan

^ 'satan' does nt refer to any individual... The term 'satan' is implied to anyone who rejects herd confirmity... He puts his own logics... Satanism is abt following the ideology, not following sumbdy who is 'satan'... Here u r misguided... Every satanist is a satan in himself...
    N the story u r telling goes like, satan ws n angel, who ws kind of 'defence lawyer' of the (so called)sinners in the court of god... He ws the one who always implied his reasoning rather den obeying the god... This is just a story... Newys, u get several examples in mythology of such powerful rebels... In hindu myhology, u've got 'krishna' whom u can call satan... I dont mean he defied so called god but he is the utmost example of using ur free will fr achieving ur goals rather den being orthodox.

18. distorted

distorted satan

Sumthing relevant to influence of satanism on rock music...

''stairway to heaven'' by led zeppalin

Listen to the song in reverse...
    I mean play it frm end to start...
    Listen to the part where in original song he sings, ''if there is a bustle in .............. road you're on''
    When this part is played reverse u'll hear sumthing abt satan. He has given hint abt such double meaning in the beginning of the song, ''cause you know sometimes words hv two meanings''

19. angel_of_sin

how can sumone GUIDE us to live our Life OUR OWN WAY???

20. angel_of_sin

page and plant bth denied da charge as a co incidence....