Satanic part of 'Stairway to Heaven'

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by taxyse, May 19, 2005.

1. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

hey ppl..check this out..
    i dont know if such a thread already exists....but neways....i am gonna right my stuff here..
    when stairway to heaven was released...there was a big talk about ,it containing backward satanic messages.....and this probably added to the popularity of the song....
    well the fact is (as they say)....that if u listen to the song played in reverse...you can hear chants of 'SATAN' ..'MY EVIL SPIRIT SATAN'..and things like that....not everywhere in the song...but at the part where the drums start..(the whole verse ..'if there's a bustle in your hedgerow..')
    to check it out...i first recorded myself singing that part....and reversed it..(any software can do that)....but i couldnt make nething out....
    so then i reversed the actual song itself....and then listend to it.....and you will have to belive it.....i dont know bout the 'my evil spirit satan' line....but surely ...THE SONG WAS ECHOING 'SATAN '..SATAN ..SATAN...
    cool ...eh???
    well check it out ppl....and see if u get the other lines as well...maybe they come out in some other language or stuff....
    by the way...i think this could not have been deliberatley done....that is impossible....this must be a ****in coincidence...lol

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

hmmm old......there IS a thread about this......search it up................
    and yeah........thats crap man....u have to be really paranoid to belive that................:) hardly souinds like it

3. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

there were rumors lik dat for hotel california too....but i feel dis is all crap encouraged by m pop lovin guys havin fetish over britney spears.....

4. Taifi

Taifi New Member

well but i recorded the song my self and reversed it
    it did have a message

5. Taifi

Taifi New Member

check it in the end ..record it and reverse it..
    the part 'and shez buying the stairway to heaven...
    when u reverse it it says...'play backwards....hear words sung...'

6. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

man ur makin me think again.....lemme chk dat an get back......

7. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

ive heard it but u really got to imagine that, that is what he is sayin.......bullcrap man :)

8. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

i tried that once with my frnd using goldwave software, inspite of playin the song 3 times in reverse we didnt find anythin suspisios.... so all i can say is that it just part of one's imagination if they hear SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN... lol

9. Radius_Vector

Radius_Vector New Member

Yeah its got the message, Zeppelin was well known to try to Psychologically affect his audience. In fact many bands did some ****ty stuff to pep on their stupidly gothic horror themed audience.

some examples : Drinking blood, slaughtering animals on stage, cannibalistic lyrics etc.

Well there was this big article on a leading U.S Newspaper about this. Parents reported their kids becoming violent and all after listening to these bands.

But dont worry, they were just a minority , Led Zeppelin being an exception.
    Most were bands not selling , so they decided to do stupid things like these looking for attention.

10. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

see its mostly like seeing consetellations......bloody hell till date orion just looks like somw wierd shape...no way it looks like a hunter.........big dipper looks like a gaint spoon.....cygnus looks like a big bent cross....definaetly not like a swan.......lyra looks like a "U" to me...not like a lyre.....its all in your head......if u imagine it there......its there ...........otherwise its just some remotely vaguely similar sounding words

11. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

yeah thats true saurabh.....
    and taifi ..i think i didnt get the accent right while singing...thats why i dint here nething...or maybe my mics a bit of crap..i guess

12. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

All I say is this...

Ever thought why such stuff happens? Like, when you first hear a song, you can't make out all the lyrics. However, once you read the lyrics and then hear the song, you can hear the singer singing exactly those words... the very same words which you couldn't hear before.

I remember ananth saying this = It's like you see a cloud in the sky and then tell a kid that it's Mickey Mouse, the kid believes ya.

So like, only when you actually read that Led Zep's song contains "Satan" ****, did you actually hear that stuff...

13. Radius_Vector

Radius_Vector New Member

LOLz at that ^^.

So you mean that if you tell me that someone says "idiot" when you play metallica - one backwards, everyone will believe you???

I heard it myself on zeppelin's song, it was very clear and does not require anything but a pair of ears and a working brain to process the sound.

No person in his senses is going to believe that a star looks like a mickey mouse, until he sees it for real ,for heavens sake.

14. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

rightly said Radiius

15. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

how comes i cant hear it.....ive tryed couple of times my own way and then a recording from the net i still cant hear it.

16. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

dunno......did u listen to the exact part i mentioned...???

17. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Hmmm...

@ Radius = I tried out a small experiment of my own...
    First, I made my mom lissen to the verse... all she heard, in her words was "What was that?"

Then, I made 2 of my friends hear it.... one of 'em knew of this... he heard it properly... the other one never heard of Led Zep.. so like, he didn't hear it... only after did I make him read what he ought to be hearing, did he hear it properly...

P.S. I never said a star is Mickey Mouse... I talked bout CLOUDS... can stars be mickey mouse? Ever look at a cloud and think as to what the shape of the cloud could be?

P.P.S. Kids generally beleive what you tell them. Try telling a small kid that too pee on the floor is a goodthing... he'll do it and then f'kin you'll get blamed!

18. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I have read this story too. I once read an article about this. It seems that Led Zep is one of the first bands to do this backwards recording. It's not accidental that you hear those SATAN stuffs. They do some kind of trick so that it's heard only backwards and not forward. A lot of bands have experimented with this backward recording. Mostly evil metal bands which used to put some strange noise, some grave yard and death related noises in the background which can be heard only while playing backwards. The main idea was not to expect the listener to play it backwards but it looks like these backward messages are picked up your sub consciousness. No personal experiences. Just reflecting what I read.

19. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

ooh...asmodeus.....we're no kids.

20. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Yeah... I know that... hopefully u've grown up enuf to understand what I try to say then...