Satanic church thread locked?

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by bjr, Nov 7, 2011.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well, the god, devil etc were invented not to demarcate between what was socially good and bad, but in order to control the ppl living in those ages.

And to explain the phenomena which humans of that age could not comprehend.

And to appease the insecurities of the human mind.

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

this was so similar to something I had once said that I had to look it up. I saw your reply on it and see you haven't changed your point of view since.

https://indianguitartabs.com/f2/atheistic-faith-work-11933-3.html#post124840

I think we essentially say the same thing and I take a more optimistic view of it. I do concede that your theory is more probable...yet I'd like to believe in mine.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

My my, what a thread/post you've dug up!

6 years. :)

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

haha, yes...and amazingly, that is nowhere close to being either of our first posts!

Those were good times! I cared a lot more about changing other people's opinions for what I believed was the better...and interestingly, people themselves seemed a lot more receptive to opinions.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Perhaps ppl of "our times" were more receptive.
    (not trying to sound like an old person though)

6. wylder

wylder Member

A discussion needn't be about changing others' opinions. It could also be seen as an opportunity to share opinions and make us all examine our own opinions by contrasting it with that of others.

Many of these discussions happen because there is no definite answer to it. Otherwise, you might as well use Google to find the correct answer. But putting them all in a discussion lets people see different approaches to a problem, many of which may or may not lead to a solution.

The commendable fact here I think is that people (like you guys) are (still) participating in such discussions and keeping their minds open to new ideas/opinions...

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Of course, but I do think I wouldn't have been part of such a lot of them if I didn't want to be changing other people's opinions. Not that I'm saying it's a great reason to start a discussion at all. It was just an ego thing.

and at the yesterday vs today thing, I do believe there were a huge number of people then who were affronted by things said and wouldn't want to "fight" about things but there were also a fair number who wouldn't mind it and would reply. These days it's often like talking to walls. I suppose the only difference is in the number of active people and not really the outlook. I suppose it also had to do with forums being relatively new and still cool.

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

... or perhaps we need to give some "facebook incentives" today, in order to galvanize the ppl.

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'm not very convinced...what exactly do you have in mind?

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Don't know.
    Idle mind today.

11. wylder

wylder Member

Suggestion:
    Organize more city meet-ups and such so that people know each other personally. That could generate more loyal fans of the forum/website.
    Also, if somebody could conduct interviews/post lessons/articles by leading Indian musicians, that could generate interest.
    Could we build up some kind of tab archive like ultimate-guitar? Give people a reason why its called IGT...

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I do believe the admin is trying to come up with this along with the meetups as well as the articles/reviews idea. It probably should've been done in the first place but I don't suppose anyone expected the site to grow as big as it later did.