Rules For Submission of Poems/Lyrics

Discussion in 'Poetry and Lyrics Forum' started by CrYpTiC_angel, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

You adorable sociopath :grin: That's wonderful, leave the thread open for mudslinging and THEN ban 'im :grin: That ones goes to the admin for consideration :grin:

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

And its also to some extent, mixing of old and new techniques which i guess is appreciated by the country which loves traditional and modern in one. :beer:

3. nimisha

nimisha .:Forum Leader:.

@disturbed...
    1)In a website with an excess of 20,000 members weeding out a few people will, if anything, make the website a better place. This website's as powerful as it was when it had 5000 members and we were still banning people then, so there's no question of losing power. IGT is a juggernaut, which will move on regardless of the loss of anyone.
    oops... i was thinking this whole issue as simple member of IGT.. if i think this as moderator what u said is quiet true..... now i realise why members hates mods sometimes...

2)I think you meant to say "as bad as"?
    yes true..

3)Banning is too brutal? But stealing someone's work and claiming credit for it isnt? Priorities seem to be out of order......
    person doing such thing at poetry section may be good n helpful at other sections.. u cant judge a person from his just one bad thing..

4)Hehe, oh we've gone to great lengths to keep someone out of IGT, we're persistent in our attempts to de-contaminate this place. As many times as the person comes, so many times shall we ban, we love it.
    enjoy banning... n thank those people who create id again n again to get banned again n again... they make ur job really interesting..

4. d_ist_urb_ed

Heh, better be a hated moderator than an idiotic leader..... And i thought you knew the procedures of banning, the person is warned once and then hauled out of the site. My apologies for assuming that you possessed any knowledge about these matters. If a person is particularly helpful in other forums, i doubt if he'd be stupid enough to do this in the poetry forums, i would love for you to show me an example. And yep, we do enjoy banning, for with it comes the satisfaction of taking another bad seed out of the crop. T'is most unfortunate that we lack better judgement sometimes and put people in positions that they are unfit for. Oh well, that's the downside.

5. nimisha

all i learned today is....
    BOSS.. oops.. i mean MOD is always right..!!! :nw: :nw: :nw:

long live mod..!
    long live IGT....!

Subhro likes this.
  6. d_ist_urb_ed

I rest my case.

7. BubblyMartini

BubblyMartini !!!HAWM

i dont think anyone was banned coz of the Poetry forum or ever will be
    least a FL could do is crosscheck if a certain poem has been copied from some other site
    sadly only the ones online can be checked
    Its disgusting when people start basking in the good reviews they get
    but its only sometimes that this "happiness" is short lived

IGT aint for poets....Poetry forum is jus a sub-forum
    donno what the people who post here have heard
    but there are people who really dont care what or who posts poem here
    jus a selective few take some time off and read the poems
    which is very nice of them..
    I agree the forum isnt a forum mainly dedicated to poetry but the guitar..
    but a little respect wouldnt cost much..
    (hold on i am coming to what i wanna say..and it sure is related to this)
    Members who post others poems should be warned..losng them wouldnt make a differnce anyws..
    Very recently a member posted someone else's poem (wont take any names)
    when another member brought it to light that person was pm'ed ...
    was asked to edit the post and jus comment on the poem
    without talking about the original poet
    its pathetic people
    i donno if a person should be banned or not
    but theres something called as Truth and Being Honest...atleast to oneself!

Note-thats what i think..people may not agree, neither is anyone obliged to.

that is very true!..

@Nimisha- Do what u think is right...
    many may load you with suggestions
    and ask you to do and not to do certain things
    but then theres a reason why you are FL and they arent;)

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    Do you by any chance mean that she has cleared a competitive exam or been interviewed or any such means of evaulation?
    Or is it just closeness to the admins.

Anyway Nimisha, congrats, but you really need to be more thoughful and decisive about what you post.
    Especially now that you have become Forum Leader.

9. nimisha

no comments...
    i respect ur opinion.. but..
    let others conclude, i deserve to be FL or not..

point noted....!
    i will try my best

@martina... thanks for the support...

10. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

let me tell ya all, a guy who posts someone else's poem, and takes credit for it, should be hanged, sentenced to death I TELL YA!@>#!:mad:

nah..killing or baning someone will be too bad...just give him/her a warning....if he/she repeats the same thing, ban him/her.....simple!

and one more thing, i believe that "freedom of speech"is not totally right....an ocassional four letter word is ok......but u know, some people tend to go overboard with bad stuff.....serious action needs to be taken in such cases....
    uj:rock:

11. d_ist_urb_ed

Use your morals and ethics to decide what you want to do. We rest our case. Thread closed. No further discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.