Rules For Submission of Poems/Lyrics

Discussion in 'Poetry and Lyrics Forum' started by CrYpTiC_angel, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Aha!

Now I got it.

Forum Leader of Poetry section = President of US of A in terms of power.
    And should be afraid of losing it, due to lessening of the "members".

B.T.W.: Has anyone been banned till now because of poem copy paste?

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

plz request some admin to chnge your custom title. it is very much misleading.

3. madhuresh

madhuresh madhuresh

i dont wanna say anything ..im wrong ......

i wrote a song ..."hear the true hero"

just can't see them go
    when they dont know why "i said no".....
    walk away walk away ....bro....walk away

4. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

I did.

Hold your horses.

5. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Dude, I myself gave up my "power" a cpl of days ago.

And there's nothing wrong with closing copied threads. The plagiarist can always make a new thread and post something original if capable of doing that. And I didn't ban anyone (I never had the power to) so STFU.

I'm outta here.

(I never got so annoyed even while I was the FL :mad: )

6. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Just exactly where is our new FL to explain all this?
    @Cryptu, you dont need to take this crap if you dont want to, you're relieved of your duties, remember.

7. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Hehe.. yeah.

Just really used to it :grin:

8. d_ist_urb_ed

^Well.........we were just really used to you as well...but shouldering an other's responsibility is inexcusable, run off and play with your dolls now, you've done your time here :grin:

9. nimisha

nimisha .:Forum Leader:.

well i think.. nothing is needed to explain here... that was past... i will be responsible for the things which willl be done henceforth..

10. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Madhuresh's suggestion/query was also regarding what should be done in the future.

Do have a look what he said. Although some of us did reply to him, it's actually your decision as to what should be done.

11. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

:grin:

okie!!

*starts doing the waltz with ken*

12. nimisha

there can not be hard n fast rule about banning n closing the threads... no one can define the limits of freedom here in the forum.. so i think..in the future decision will be subjective according to circumstances...

but i do agree... losing people is not good idea..unless they r really harming igt badly...

13. sachoo

sachoo drenched in my pain again

Anyways but if the person is guilty n apologises (it can be innocence, we jus cannot come to conclusions b4 taking any actions). This is way he/she is as good as other IGT'ian.

everyone gotta be supportive n correct decision makers.

we r all here to :rock:

:beer:
    sachoo

14. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

It's not about banning as neither you, nor i have the power (or desire, in my case) to do so. GAWD, I think I've repeated that enough number of times now. IT'S NOT ABOUT BANNING.

You say "no one can define the limits of freedom here in the forum.."

You mean to say posting someone else's poem and taking credit for it by saying it is your own is freedom of speech?

15. d_ist_urb_ed

^Touche. :grin: *dances with joy*

16. nimisha

i was commenting on the post number 20 by madhuresh where he says...loosing people will reduce ur power,coz i agreed his point...

i was unaware of the discussion going on about the issue..writting some1else's poem n claiming it written by themselves..

n yes i agree.. such thing is as good as stealing n robbery.. giving suspension of 20 days etc..wont do much good... a strict action is necessary.. n i cant define what can be 'strict action' . But banning sounds too brutal...

anyways its upto administrators...wit so much of things goin on in igt..they cant give attension to every small details... so even if they bann..one can start afresh again..wit new id.. its upto him/her not to repeat his/her mistakes..

17. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Well, theoratically yes.

But i think there should be some consequences if somebody plagarizes. :think:

18. d_ist_urb_ed

Alright, in numerical order
    1)In a website with an excess of 20,000 members weeding out a few people will, if anything, make the website a better place. This website's as powerful as it was when it had 5000 members and we were still banning people then, so there's no question of losing power. IGT is a juggernaut, which will move on regardless of the loss of anyone.
    2)I think you meant to say "as bad as"?
    3)Banning is too brutal? But stealing someone's work and claiming credit for it isnt? Priorities seem to be out of order......
    4)Hehe, oh we've gone to great lengths to keep someone out of IGT, we're persistent in our attempts to de-contaminate this place. As many times as the person comes, so many times shall we ban, we love it.

19. d_ist_urb_ed

Yep, Ban 'im is the one right now.

20. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Or....

lets go back a few hundred years: Leave the thread open and leave it open for insults on the plagarizer :grin: :grin:

14 th century thinking? So what? :grin::dance:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.