Rules For Submission of Poems/Lyrics

Discussion in 'Poetry and Lyrics Forum' started by CrYpTiC_angel, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Recently someone was accused of plagiarism but it turned out that the person was not guilty and felt harrassed by the accusations, so I wanted to make sure such things do not happen again.

While posting poems/lyrics in this forum, please keep the following in mind:

1) Although this forum is for you all to post your original poems/lyrics, it is okay to post poems that you came across and would like others to read but please mention that it is not yours and if possible mention the name of the poet.

2) If any of you get to know that a poem being posted is not original as claimed, but plagiarised, do not make accusitions in the thread, please PM me instead and I will look into the matter.

That is all.

Suggestions are most welcome so I'm leaving the thread open.

2. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

i would like u to have a censor limit for the poems posted as some poems r beyond the limit...i hope u know which poems im talkin about........it does feel cheap......give it a thought......

3. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

I don't think that'd be fair.. whatever happened to freedom of speech? And nobody else seems to have a problem with it.

Thanks for the suggestion but if u don't like certain poems then simply refrain from commenting there, others have the right to write/read such things. It's a matter of personal preferences.

Thanks anyway :)

4. abhimanjrekar

hmm....okay mod...no problem..and thx for the reply...

5. madhuresh

madhuresh madhuresh

ya likh vahi jo dil kahee, kar vahi jo dil kaheeeeeeeeeee ......
    so i support all who support the sky...
    "Tire Azaad Bandoo ki na ye dunia Na vo dunia,
    yaha Marne ki pabandi vaha jeene ki pabandi !"
    Mir-taki-Mir

6. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

What about offensive language in poems? Free speech again? :grin:

7. abhimanjrekar

thts exactly wht i wanted to say ...jaane de.....freedom of speech :p:

8. madhuresh

madhuresh madhuresh

can u clarify this word offensive .... in a forum like these, this i suppose can be discussed for the sake of rules to be clear ..... i am not offencing .. confronting u r point ... but no language is offensive, when u write for the sake of writing u use such things ..delibratly ..selfishly... leave it ...
    Lets say >>i am wrong >>"Cryptic" should answer u ...Forum leader Kaun hai ..haha ...its not me, its not me

9. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

alright.. i'm here now.

If you find something really offensive, PM me. If it really crosses limits, will do something about it definitely.

10. madhuresh

madhuresh madhuresh

rongbuzz ka thread close mat karo....i dont feel he's so offensive ....and 4 personel comments...simply delete it..can he post ?? let him do so

11. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

I said this before closing those threads as well.

The threads I closed had poems which he copied from elsewhere and took credit for.

I simply cannot allow plagiarism.

Live with it.

It's not about comments or anything.

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmm what if the poster says: "a nice poem I read on this site, which I wish to reproduce here"
    ?

No, actually that would be infrigment of the IPR of the poet who composed it, so you must have his/her consent before doing so.
    The consent shall be on paper, no emails allowed.

The consent shall reach the forum leader where it shall be verified and adjudged to be genuine.

13. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

^IGNORE that post.

14. sachoo

sachoo drenched in my pain again

Yaar itna tension kyun le rahe ho.... let it be kool.... jus be decent when u write... n i think abhi is right... no to offencive language n spams...

15. madhuresh

madhuresh madhuresh

aree i feel the person copying should not be banned forever uss ko 20 days ka suspension letter milna chahiye .....no termination.....one rule 4 making a gang is never allow members to fly away

16. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

^^LOL... I didn't ban anyone! I didn't even have the power to!

Why is everybody blaming me for shit?!

Anyways, now it's all over to Nimisha :grin:

17. madhuresh

madhuresh madhuresh

"straw in thief's chin"...i never take names ......
    main kyaa kehta hoon...tell the person that he/she should change the post by writing some thing orignal not banal and give him time of 20 days ......ye sab ke vote se hoona chahiye...ppl do comment 'cause if u dont then obey me....

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:RollLol:

What a suggestion.
    We have winner here!

Dufu, what sacred will happen in those 20days? Will that plagiarist realise his sin?
    Or is it taht you think that ppl are earning their livelihood by posting on these forums? So the "suspension" for sacrosanct 20 days will allow him to realize his mistake?

:NoNo:

Closing such threads are the best thing + warning to the erring member.

19. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Oh, so the plagiarist is a "victim" now?

Bwahahahaaaaaa

20. madhuresh

madhuresh madhuresh

u r foolish.....sooch if u loose ppl u always reduce ur own power ...i cant explain this cause this will be bad.... so this is the best way...to err is human...what good bannig some one will do....total waste

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.