rp50 vs 505 II

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by HellFeuer, Jul 16, 2006.

1. HellFeuer

HellFeuer New Member

hey

which one sounds better between the two (digitech rp50 and zoom 505 II)??

and which sounds better without an amp.. eg playing directly to headphones or hifi speakers?

also, anyone selling? ;-)

2. ThePacifist

ThePacifist New Member

From my experience, RP50 is better on clean sounds whereas zoom 505II performs better on distortion/overdriven sounds.....

3. HellFeuer

HellFeuer New Member

both sound equally good/bad thru headphones?

4. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

both r nice...if ur a rocker thn zoom is beeter thn digitech

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

As far as I have Digitech RP50 wins hands down as compared to Zoom 505 or Zoom 606. Digitech can also give you warmer and nicer tones as compared to Zoom. Zoom GT.2 is cool though.

6. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

Digitech is far better...zoom 505 is somewhat noisy and harse...plus the tones are very hard to arrive at...ronnie is right, the digitech will give a far warmer tone..

7. HellFeuer

HellFeuer New Member

hmm... rp50 it is then...

anyone selling theirs??

8. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

i always felt the zoom pedals gave a more chunky distorted sound which i like ..so i would say the 505II..but then ..as an allround pedal.i think the digitech is marginally better.

hmmm...did u also look into the behringer X V-amp multi effects pedal. ?.it is also a good pedal for its price ..the only problem bein ..the wah -wah is horrible in that ..but then..none of the multi-effect pedals in this range have a gud wah

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

None of them have a good one...Even the famed GT6 / GT8 / Line6 POD XT Live / Zoom GFX8 dont have good ones...For a Wah, you need a Wah and nothing else would do..

10. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I dont like the drive of the 505 too but the effects in my opinion are great. I use the Zoom along my other pedals mainly for effects.