rolland micro cube

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by leopole26, May 13, 2009.

1. leopole26

leopole26 New Member

guys i have a doubt...i was planning to buy a rolland 20x..but i don have the money..so im gonna buy a micro cube...my doubt is...i have a 60 watt creative pc speaker...if i plug it in the headphone jack of the micro cube..will the creative speaker produce the effect of an 60 watt amplifer ...

2. rohit

rohit New Member

i have roland micro cube.
    dude you won't need the speakers.the amp itself is quiet loud.
    i also have creative 4.1 and i tried out what you said but it did not work out.
    any way try it and let me know.

3. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

It should work out!
    Although i also feel that the amp is pretty decent!
    Has so much in it!

But
    1 hook your axe into the amp
    2 hook your amp into your PC
    3 hook your PC to your creative speakers
    4 wallah super loud sick sound!

Tone quality is effected but if loudness is what you are lookin for than do it!
    n BTW some ppl like the creative tone as well! Matter of openion!

4. leopole26

leopole26 New Member

@harsh

dude micro cube is only 2 watts man...i really need to know for sure before buyin it..tone is equally important..if a headphone can reproduce the amps sound..creative speaker shd do it also...anyway i'll check out...

5. leopole26

leopole26 New Member

@rohit

yeah dude its loud for its size..but 2 watts sounds less to me when compared to 20...anyway just try it one more time...and let me know..btw do u have micro cube RX...

6. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

It does work with the speakers. U just need a Jack to convert it to the speaker pin.
    2W is pretty loud as well.

7. Harsh Kumar

it's loud enough for practise with other 10W amps without drums!
    If you are planing for drum practise than forget it!

Tone is nice!
    Good buy if you want somethin micro!

But u know, as micro as low the tone quality, but it's still the best in it's size!
    n BTW for the same price you can get a 15W marshall!

try both with your guitar you'll know the answer!

8. distorted

distorted satan

If u r nt luking fr sumthing portable, microcube isnt a gud idea at all... Stay away... U wont get gud output, u wont get get gud tone. N taking output frm creative speakers is an idea all d more worse, tone will b affected badly... A guitar amp is meant to do sumthing different frm a speaker, frequency response hi chd jayga yaar, effects ki baat hi door h... jis kaam k liye jo banaya gya h, use IT. Y to go fr a jugaad evn aftr an investment?

9. rishi_666

rishi_666 New Member

Hey........IMHO if you play for long hours, you will end up with burned music speakers......they are simply not meant for such application(s)/abuse...let them live to play sterio tracks.....better to just jam along with a micro......its a true little beast.....and if you are looking for a huge roar, better get a 30X/VOX 15VT.......cheers

10. leopole26

leopole26 New Member

thanks for the reply guys...
    i just heard from a review @ youtube..
    u can directly run the micro cube in to a PA system..anyway i'll check out everything before buyin it...

11. Harsh Kumar

it's not that portable as it ois suppose to be but still is a gud buy!