Role Of Each Musician in a Band

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by xulfi, Jul 5, 2005.

1. xulfi

xulfi New Member

hey guyz im new here can anyone tell me da role of each member in a band i mean what RHYTHM guitarist playes,what Lead guitarist playes and what BASS guitarist playes i think in my tought RHYTHM guitarist played chord progression for EXAMPLE G.C.D or any other chords.Lead guitarist played notes acording to d rythm guitars and bass guitars play beats to have complete sound its my opinion.maybe im wrong wat u guys think????? :help:

2. jusmail

jusmail New Member

Rhythm guitar maintains the rhythm. The drums match and keep the beat, too. The base guitar does some improvising, but sticks to the base note of the chord being played by the rhythm guitar. The lead guitar plays fill-ins when needed and also plays the lead. Some bands also have keyboards to add more color to the sound.

3. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

vocalist sings ...

drummer maintains rhythm ...

bass player and rhythm guitarist complement each other ... that is both play either same riff/tune or each play complementary stuff ...

lead guitarist for most of the time plays along with the rhythm guitarist ... may add some licks/fills which even a rhythm guitarist can do ...

however, lead guitarist is supposed to be more well versed with guitar, so he takes "lead" in playing ... ie he is supposed to improvise ... whereas the rhythm player backs him ...
    keyboard player can act like a rhythm guitarist or lead ... usually he plays like a lead guitarist ...