Ritchie Blackmore

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by jocelyn, Jun 21, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Waste of Bandwidth.
    :p:

Not really.

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Did you fall upside down and landed on a head when you were a kid :think: :think: :annoyed: :annoyed:

3. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Hey Ronnie I got some more info on Blackmore and the quaterpounds... Sometime after forming Rainbow in the 70s Blackmore was using Singlecoil pickups made by Schector ...... that gave him a huge explosive tone.... Schrctor stoped making those pickups.. that is when we switched ocver to the Quaterpounds ... :)

4. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well, so you mean that it IS a waste of bandwidth.
    :p:

6. ronnieanand

I want Quarter Pounds :cry1: :cry2:

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Here you go boy:
    [​IMG]

8. Judas Priest

Judas Priest New Member

The first 3 Rainbow albums are pure Genius. Anyone who disagrees deserves to be hung upside down and shot.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ I disagree.
    Now catch me and hang me. You can shoot later.

His later albums are also great. Its just that they dont sound as mainstream hard-rock-n-rollish as his initial.

10. Judas Priest

Judas Priest New Member

^ Look man, have you even heard the Dio-era Rainbow albums? Tracks like "Stargazer", "A Light In The Black" and "Gates Of Baylon" were prog metal at its finest, long before the Dream Theater's and Ayreon's. Kill the King is just awesome asskickery from Rainbow. Just look at the lineup they had for their 2nd and 3rd album:

Guitar: His Unholy Lord Blackness (Sessions in the 60's, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Blackmore's Night)
    Vocals: Dio (Italian for God) (Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Dio)
    Bass: Jimmy Bain (The Scorpions, Rainbow, Dio etc.) / Bob Daisley (Rainbow, Ozzy, etc)
    Drums: Cozy Powell (RIP) (Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Whitesnake, sessions)

There was nothing commercial in early Rainbow. And if you call Deep Purple mainstream for their time, I have nothing to say to you ;) .

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Dude, most of their initial songs were more pop than prog.

RAinbow were popular for their good old rock'n'roll attitude and hard-rock numbers.

You really want a prog band from that era, then listen to Alan Parson's project, King Crimson, Pink Floyd.

12. Judas Priest

Judas Priest New Member

You're basing your opinion on their third album. It was their most commercial till that time. Sure, it had Long Live Rock N Roll (absolute crap if you ask me) but it also had Kill The King and Gates Of Babylon. In 1976-79, no one was as prog-METAL as Rainbow. King Crimson and Pink Floyd are excellent prog-ROCK. I'm PM'ing you Stargazer as soon as I can get back to my main computer.

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ O
    I have the whole discography of Rainbow!

14. ronnieanand

Here Jumps the guy, who is almost brought up by Rainbow....Rainbow is my altime fav bands. I wont call them Prog...They are more a Neo Classical, Pop Metal band. Both the guitars and keyboards would hint a lot. Even the bass playing is pretty different. In the later albums its Roger Glover on the bass and his playing is so different compared to his work with Deep Purple.

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!