Ritchie Blackmore

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by jocelyn, Jun 21, 2006.

1. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

^^^^ yup very possible.... you were right abouth him using the ES355 for the first 3- 4 albums

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Guys, do you like Ritchie clean shaven or with his pencil thin moustache?

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

However he is, he is God....Blackmore AC...cooler and better than a Pankha...

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ That was no answer to my question.
    :aggre:

5. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

6. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Coverdale is impressive, somehow I like his singing style more than Gillian.

and here is my favorite Deep Purple track: https://youtube.com/watch?v=EOhIhqwokM0&search=you keep on moving

Please forgive Glen Hughes for screeching :RollLol:
    And Tommy Bolin for literally screwing his song, especially the solo.

If desired, I can upload the studio recording of this song too.

Keyboards solo is heavenly!!!
    (actualy guitar solo too, but then Mr Bolin! :annoyed: )

8. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

I agree on Glen Huges SCREMMING.. He litrly did that in all thier live performances... He actualy was trying to compete with coverdale... and many times had arguments that he ( HUGES) should be singing rather then Coverdale.....

9. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

In the California Jam 74, I found Hughes' singing to be more energetic than Coverdale, who wasnt very good on that concert.
    Did you guys check out the cool explosions in the end, Blackmore slams his guitar into a camera that was moving in on him too often(he actually destroys 3-4 strats in all)..then the roadies start a fire on his Marshall stack and it blows up.Wikipedia says that DP members escaped in a helicopter soon after to avoid getting into trouble with the authorities.

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well Hughes may be energetic singer ... but at high pitches his voice is losing melody. I call his thing screeching rather than screaming.

Ian Gillian, Dave Coverdale, Klaus Maine, etc all can go high and stay melodic.
    And Badlands singer Ray Gillen (or something) I think he sang for Black Sabbath too.

These guys dont screech while singing.

11. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Excatly Glen Huges also sung for Black Sabbath later... but I prefer him as a Bassit rather than vocals.. Hes is gret for backing voacls and seconds... He may also be very energetic.... But he was defintly trying to compete with Coverdale in his Deep Purple days... As I said earlier.. He felt he should have been sining rather then Coverdale/...

12. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

13. ronnieanand

Who calls Glen Hughes a singer :mad: :mad: :mad: :aggre: :aggre: :aggre:

He howls...

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

eh!
    When did you come back?

15. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Yeah and imagine he (HUGES) used to argue with Blackmore, Lord and Paice that he should be singing instead of Coverdale.... Blackmore had got so fedup with the MUSICAL direction & situation of Deep Purple back then, ... thats why he quit and formed Rainbow

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yay! I got a Video of Rainbow - some 1995 live concert.

Who was the singer at thta time?

17. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Ok, I see what you guys are saying..watched some more of that California Jam..Hughes is definitely trying to be louder than Coverdale when they sing the choruses together..and he does screech..forgive me I am DP n00b:eek:::eek::

Blackmore's tone and playing ->:nw::nw::nw:

18. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I am downloading a DVD of a DP concert in France 1970..anyone know how it was?

19. ronnieanand

Doogie White :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

20. ronnieanand

Download Rainbow Rising Tour for the ultimate action.