Rising stars.

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Mr. Scary, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

The current metal scene is almost non-existent, everything "True Metal" seems to be either unheard of/underground/faded away. However there are a few bands that have gained some mainstream attention and seem to be gaining fans fast. I'm not talking about those bands like Korn, and the rest of the nu-metal heap.

Such bands that have gained my respect include Trivium, Killswitch Engage and Dark Tranquility.

Trivium- At first I could not stand this band's music, then it started to grow on me. Matt Heafy can be a prick at times, but he can be as much of a prick as he wants and you just cant say shit because the guy can ****ing play (and so can his co-guitarist, they're one great guitar duo).

Killswitch Engage- Not really one of my favorite bands, but its one of those bands that when the radio plays, i don't turn off. Some songs are really enjoyable.

Dark Tranquility- One of the bands that helped me get into death metal, I always prefered this band over In Flames.

2. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

umm...just heard Trivium ..from that list..
    they do hav sum pretty awsum guitar work..and drums kickass 2 ..but didnt like the vocals that much..( not a big death metal fan ..)
    check out ...a gunshot to the head of trepidation...

3. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey true metal still exists ... as Maiden and Priest are still around ........

4. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Dark Tranquility is da se.x :nw:

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Dio has released Master Of The Moon. This man defines Metal.

6. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

isnt it a 2 CD collection ?

7. ronnieanand

No that;s his latest album. There;s a different two CD collection called Definitive Dio or Dio: holy or Evil. Something like that. I am never with the collection of songs or greatest hits crap. For me it's all based on full albums.

8. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Master of the moon??

dont think so

maybe the one released after that is.

9. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Master Of The Moon was rather boring in my opinion.

I think Opeth also count as one of the rising stars of today's metal music scene.

10. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

true....imo even nevermore and dillinger escape plan can be added...

11. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Dillinger escape plan. Thats what i wanted to say. Dillinger escape plan. Calculating Infinity. Dillinger Escape Plan :nw:

Since when is opeth getting any mainstream attention? Theyre becoming a more "known" band but dont know where the mainstream thing came from. Maybe its roadrunner.

12. ronnieanand

Dio doesn;t do simple Commercial S.hit like Maiden or Metallica. He is more into experimenting. Experimenting in a different way unlike King Crimson types. Each of post Last In The Line albums requires a few listen to be really appreciated. I used to hate this album Magic. After a few listens I just figured out that it was brilliant album. It's much simpler to do a Holy Diver album than doing something like that. That album is a concept album and the whole thing goes like a story. Give a few listen and you will figure it out. Angry Machines was crap but otherwise all his work were pretty decent. Infact he has given more variety than any other Metal band who shamelessly repeat a single formula that gave them a hit tune.

13. shsnawada

Who or what is dio?

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Dio is a band formed by vocalist Ronnie James Dio

he has earlier worked with Rainbow, Sabbath and Elf.

15. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

And the debut album had Phil Collen on guitar

16. ronnieanand

Nope. The first three albums of Dio had Vivian Campbell on Guitar. Vivian Campbell now plays for Def Leppard and hence the connection.

17. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Nobody mentioned Sonata Arctica? I'm surprised! with every album, they have brought a new dimension to their music.

18. nitinzep

nitinzep New Member

19. shsnawada

Yeah, spiral architect kicks major technical arse. If you know them, then youre bound to know Dillinger Escape Plan. What do you think of them?

20. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Spiral Architect owns...Andreas Johnson is god :nw: