Right palm placement tips

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by dilip.ped, Mar 4, 2012.

1. dilip.ped

dilip.ped New Member

Hi guys!!

I used to practice on my acoustic guitar and had a habit of resting my right hand on the bridge while playing leads. Now I have switched over to electric guitar in I find it difficult to play without resting my right palm on the bridge. Is it okay to rest the palm on the bridge for electric guitar as I have never seen any one resting their palms on the bridge while playing electric guitars.

2. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

well you should rest your hand just next to your guitars bridge...this helps in palm muting also...you will get to know the importance of palm muting more as you play some distorted tones...

3. dilip.ped

dilip.ped New Member

Thanx for replying. I place my palm slightly behind the bridge(towards the tail). Will this habit of mine will affect my playing abilities in future?

4. dilip.ped

dilip.ped New Member

Guys. Please reply. Suggestions needed..

5. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

try to place your right palm between the bridge pickup and the bridge...thats the ideal position...you may try different positions and see which one's comfortable for you

6. mayur_7393

mayur_7393 New Member

Hello friends,

Visit my blog

"https://beguitarist.blogspot.in/"

This will help you to go ahead in your guitar learning journey whether you be at a beginner stage or intermediate or expert...

I am sure it will help you...

You can comment your questions tooo.....

I will answer it as soon as possible