REQUEST: strumming patterns

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by harishh, Oct 23, 2006.

1. jozko

jozko Banned

there could be some downloaders for IE too. Or you can try through FireFox in anycase. videos are great source for learning. not all have access to good teachers. I hope u already have link to jayswamis video audio works on his webpage. You too start to post songs like papa kehte he etc. And also we get feedbacks so that we can correct ourselves- strumming, fingerpicking, posture etc

2. jozko

jozko Banned

last kiss? whos artist
    is there a george michael wham song "last christmas" i think pattern 1 suits it

come as u are - i donno song
    hotel california- i play slightly different, i think. gr8 song
    country roads - think pattern suits, great song
    papa kehte - yes
    chura liya - differs, i've posted one on tube
    cat's in the cradle - heard song once or twice, great song. never tried
    given to fly - donno song

in set 2 i know only song dum maro- never tried but think it is different

3. harishh

harishh New Member

yeah i found one...keppvid.com is a site 4 downloadin the vids .... i have jayswami's vids that he posts ...can u tell me his website...n ofcourse vids are the best source 2 learn from when u learn on ur own...

4. harishh

harishh New Member

about the songs i also dunno much abt dem...it was posted in a thread so i thought i shud paste as v r compling the patterns ....

5. jozko

jozko Banned

good news! J sometimes doesn't like links to his site. So I am not posting it. You can access his files when he posts them. Sometimes he opens his site for browsing too. depends on hi mood :D I believe you already have links to his files.

He is posting some works on orkut these days. it's a while since i checked :(
    All his works are awesome, unmatched

6. jozko

jozko Banned

yea good idea, gradually the best ones will evolve. Many players other than beginners might overlook this. but u see even many of them r frustrated and asking for patterns when they come across songs like roobaroo. J wrote it is not difficult one.

7. harishh

harishh New Member

hey jozko u mentioned the pattern of jab koi baat bigar jaye which is DUDUD UDDU so i wanted to know that do u strum G chord as DUDUD n then switch to the next chord which is Em n strum as UDDU or do u strum the whole pattern on a single chord n den switch to the next one?

8. harishh

harishh New Member

when ever u get time do record do dil :)

9. jozko

jozko Banned

10. jozko

jozko Banned

whole pattern on single chord. see vid above. it's very dark still might give idea on chord changes, rgds

11. chatty_arko

chatty_arko New Member

for papa kehte hai try 1 12 212

12. jozko

jozko Banned

^arko bro 1 is Down and 2 Up?

13. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Strumming is something which comes itself...Don't make the tendency to depend on written strumming pattern..Try to catch it urself or u'll b in trouble sooner or later......Instead of asking for those, try to pick up the rythm by listening to the original song....It takes some practice...Best of luck..

14. harishh

harishh New Member

ey sugata u r def rite but this is just to get me started ...its better to initially depend on da patterns rather ending no where while guessing...

15. jozko

jozko Banned

^ i agree, to me they are only pointers. If I am struggling with a song strumming, say DilKo RHTDM and somebody posts an audio/video/text on that, i will be tempted to chk them. And if it's good, it's likely to help me get better faster. And gradually I will evolve my own version. To me help only speeds up learning.